Lukgraph Hawker Nimrod Mk.1 announced!

Jan_G

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 3:50 PM, Royboy said:

This model is superb!

I wonder if it's such a big step to step up to limited run IM kits for him?

Certainly should increase his sales from the non resin builders.

I'm certainly tempted here!

The up front capital cost increase would be gargantuan.      

Zac

10 hours ago, Zac_Zolar said:

The up front capital cost increase would be gargantuan.      

Zac

I think 3D printing is already revolutionising the hobby.

With the quality your achieving perhaps it's the way forward for some manufacturers now.

Lovely stuff, please keep them coming!

If you have never tried resin then be tempted. These new technology resin kits fit together very well.  The incessant underwater sanding to reduce dust just to make parts fit (and with filler) is gone.  My Dragon Rapide kit looks like a great styrene kit but needs CA glue.  It’s not Tamiya but Tamiya Marketing Department is not interested in this aircraft. The industry now needs to work on reducing cost.  This kit will be a Christmas present for sure. 

5 hours ago, Royboy said:

I think 3D printing is already revolutionising the hobby.

With the quality your achieving perhaps it's the way forward for some manufacturers now.

Lovely stuff, please keep them coming!

I think the missing link with 3D printing is going to be clear transparencies. Once those are accomplished, the sky's the limit! Or, someone has already accomplished this and I have been under a rock.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

38 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

I think the missing link with 3D printing is going to be clear transparencies. Once those are accomplished, the sky's the limit! Or, someone has already accomplished this and I have been under a rock.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I think the main approach so far has been to print the masters from which to make vacform canopies.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I think the main approach so far has been to print the masters from which to make vacform canopies.

Kev

I can say for me, Vac-form canopies is what keeps me away from several subjects. I've tried many times, but just can't seem to master the process. I'm sure I'm not alone, unfortunately. It keeps my away from many kits that I would otherwise love to have and build some day. That's the only thing keeping my away from Lukgraph's Dragon Rapide. But, if we could 3D print clear canopies... think of the possibilities! Those 1/32 B-24 turrets would be a breeze. Maybe some day I'll get better at vac-form stuff, but it hasn't happened yet.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

On 9/26/2020 at 12:32 AM, Dennis7423 said:

I can say for me, Vac-form canopies is what keeps me away from several subjects. I've tried many times, but just can't seem to master the process. I'm sure I'm not alone, unfortunately. It keeps my away from many kits that I would otherwise love to have and build some day. That's the only thing keeping my away from Lukgraph's Dragon Rapide. But, if we could 3D print clear canopies... think of the possibilities! Those 1/32 B-24 turrets would be a breeze. Maybe some day I'll get better at vac-form stuff, but it hasn't happened yet.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Please someone do the B-24 turrets!:help:

• 2 weeks later...