1/32 Cheetah D

Renegade

15 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

John I am sure you have it covered but just a reminder the nose wheel wells on all the dual seater Mirage III’s are further to the rear if compared to the Mir IIIE.

Cheers

Nick

Thanks Nick, the nose wheel well is indeed relocated to the correct position ;)

The well is shallower, and the retraction system is different. Still have to make that.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

It's been a while since my last update due to work. Managed to make progress on the nose wheel retraction system. It differs quite a lot from the single seater, due to the shallow well to make room for the second cockpit. This is my second attempt and work in progress, as the first one was a total disaster and got binned... :mellow:

Then I can start cleaning up the well and detail it a bit.

HizQStf.jpg

Cheers

Edited by Renegade
Missing text

14 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Beautiful work! Love the looonnngg nose.

While not being a jet guy, except for F-106, will have to make an exception for this one! I'll be among the first to order the conversion when available.

More pictures, please.  :)

Cheers,

Damian

Thanks Damian,

The F-106 is a good looker too ^_^

13 hours ago, Mistral said:

Looking excellent John. Getting excited about this one. Are you going to do the 09k50 scalloped intakes or standard early 09C Cheetah D ?

Thanks Malcom, it'll be the standard three-piece windshield for the pre-upgrade D ;)

Cheers,

John

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

With the 1/32 Mirage IIID2Z conversion completed, I can now focus on the Cheetah D again. Scribing and riveting of the nose nearly done. The intake under the tip of the nose is only on temporarily with some Prestik, as it will be in the way at the moment.

ijPXSq6.jpg

Cheers,

John

19 minutes ago, dodgem37 said:

Nice line-work.  Fantastically executed project.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark, about 8 hours work for all the scribing and riveting. Rivets done with a Trumpeter rivet wheel, then the slit indent rounded with a sharp compass needle, then with a wider diameter tool. Then all sanded down and checked individually with the wider tool to see that they're roughly the same size. 

40 minutes ago, alain11 said:

excellent !! the panel lines are very well engraved , details are sharp !!!!!

I took a look at your web site , but the D2Z conversion is not yet available ??????? 

Alain 

Thanks Alain, the IIID2Z conversion set was fully booked up for the expected lifespan of the molds with pre-orders before it was even put on the price list! :o

Not too much left to do on the Cheetah D, as it shares a lot of common parts with the IIID2Z. Will post some more updates soon. 

Cheers, 

John