Tamiya Black Panel Line

I have a question regarding the Tamiya panel line product. I watched a video of this product and I was impressed how easy the product flowed in recessed panel lines. I ordered it  and could not wait to use it on my NMF Mustang. OK, I did not read the directions and did not shake the bottle. It just plopped on the surface and did not move into the panel lines. I then read the directions and shook the bottle, same results. My question, should I add more Tamiya thinner or is this a bad batch. Does anyone else have this same result.

Thanks,

Jim

I have not used the Tamiya but use the GSI Creos Mr Weathering Color on a regular basis I always seal with Mr Super Clear (matt) then off I go Mr Weathering Color has 8 colours plus another 4 filters.

I use it with Mr Weathering Color solvent 110 so you can dilute or wash off .

Once you seal your initial work in you can use all sorts even dilute paint.

I remember back, way back before pinwashes, filters and colour modulation I kept the used solvent from brush cleaning for staining and Indian Ink to tone the colours down but I always sealed the paint in with a clear coat first.

Bob

I use it all the time. I have had the same effect you mention, (gloss or flat) I then shake the bottle and remove the cap and clean the applicator brush. The heavy stuff seems to stick to the brush, wiping the brush clean has (so far) alleviated the problem of the viscous fluid and not fluid flowing. Just a suggestion though

Edited by chrish

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 7:16 AM, James Rademaker said:

Thanks for the replies. Regarding if the surface is glossy, yes. I use Future as my paint sealer. 
Jim

Hi, I absolutely have the same problem when using Tamiya panel liner over future.  It doesn't flow a millimeter.  I've started using another gloss clear and the problem went away.  

• 2 weeks later...