Takom 1/35 M46 Patton - Completed diorama!

Bstarr3

Main painting done on my Korean War M46. This is one of the famous tiger face Pattons from the 6th Tank Battalion, 27th Infantry Division in the early going on the Korean War. I'm making it as part of a diorama for my father in law, as his dad was a communications officer in the 6th. Only a couple WIP pics so far. First primered in black, then with main coat on. Really happy with how the masking went for the yellow, and the stripes are hand painted. 

20200730-225555.jpg

20200815-215417.jpg

20200815-215432.jpg

And then, some shots of my new updated space. After a year of sweltering in the garage in NC, I finally got some indoor space after my daughter went away to college! 

20200816-071656.jpg

20200816-071659.jpg

20200816-071708.jpg

And my homemade spray/photo booth with newly upgraded lighting. 

20200816-071712.jpg

Will post more as the weathering proceeds, and hopefully be able to show pics of my finished diorama... someday. 

Edited by Bstarr3

11 hours ago, Brett M said:

Love the paintwork, the yellow is striking!

Random question....the curved organizer box, who makes that?

The L-shaped drawers and the tool organizer both come from Laser Model Graver, a Ukrainian company. Stuff is made from nice quality laser cut plywood. Fit and finish is good. Not as many options as Hobby Zone, and don't have the neat magnet attachments between modules, but much much cheaper. I also ordered an assembly jig from them that I've yet to assemble. The rack the I've got my Vallejo paints in in the top corner is also from them. 

• 2 months later...
  • Bstarr3 changed the title to Takom 1/35 M46 Patton - Completed diorama!
  • 1 year later...