Fundekals - Operation Bolo

Thanks guys.  It's really been more fun than you should be able to have with your clothes on :)   I'm *such* a nerd...

Hope you'll enjoy reading and learning about these historic jets as much as I have.  Interestingly, just this very evening, I've connected with the son of the (now, sadly, deceased) crew chief whose name appeared on Olds' "Scat XXVII" - SSG Jarman.  He's got a very cool certificate with goofy pre-Photoshop "Photoshopped" markings superimposed on a photo of an F-4C for 64-0829 and all the crew, including his dad, the armament guys, etc.  Hoping to get a scan of that for the instruction sheet.  Say what you will about FB, but I've gotten some *amazing* research material from various groups and individuals, and met some really incredible folks with an interest in the stuff we all love.

Edited by Jennings Heilig
11 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Thanks guys.  It's really been more fun than you should be able to have with your clothes on :)   I'm *such* a nerd...

Hope you'll enjoy reading and learning about these historic jets as much as I have.  Interestingly, just this very evening, I've connected with the son of the (now, sadly, deceased) crew chief whose name appeared on Olds' "Scat XXVII" - SSG Jarman.  He's got a very cool certificate with goofy pre-Photoshop "Photoshopped" markings superimposed on a photo of an F-4C for 64-0829 and all the crew, including his dad, the armament guys, etc.  Hoping to get a scan of that for the instruction sheet.  Say what you will about FB, but I've gotten some *amazing* research material from various groups and individuals, and met some really incredible folks with an interest in the stuff we all love.

I second the use of FB as a research tool.  There are so many pages out there dedicated to aircraft or military units that are loaded with vets.  I've found that most members are more than willing to help with arcane, nerd questions.   They actually seem flattered that some people have in interest in "their" aircraft, helo, tank, etc.  You'll see a lot of pictures and info that will never make it's way into books or the internet.   

Used for purposed of good instead of evil, Social Media definitely has it's upside. 

• 1 month later...

Good news!  Cartograf is working on the print job this coming week, so we're hoping to have the decals back by around the holidays.  I've finished up most of the work on the instructions, with just some final tweaks left to do.

I'm *really* hoping we can get our new web site up and running by then as well.

Stay tuned for more info...

turEca.png

I've had a particular Tamiya F-4C/D kit that I've had since it was released, sourced for me at the time by my old friend Edgar Brooks, when he workedpart-time Saturdays at the model shop in High Wycombe.

We were all really excited to get our hands on them at the time.

This sheet will be the reason to finally build it...  :piliot:

Iain

• 3 weeks later...

Christmas came a day early!  Before you get too excited, we only got a partial shipment, but the "A" sheets of our Wolfpack F-4C sheet in 1/32 and 1/48 look P E R F E C T ! ! as usual from Cartograf.  Absolutely flawless printing and color matching.  

We're still waiting on the "B" sheets in both scales, as well as our new 1/48 F-110A/F-4B/F-4C sheet, both of which will ship shortly after New Year.  

We also got a reprint on our 1/48 P-38E/F/G/H sheet, so those will be available from our distributors after the holidays as well.

Our new web site is S L O W L Y taking shape.  Jeez, I thought pulling teeth was hard.  Glaciers move at a faster pace than the woman doing the work.  Hopefully it will be done very soon.  From what I've seen so far it's a MAJOR improvement over our crappy old site, so stay tuned.

Merry Christmas everybody!

f3g2vl.jpg

• LSP_Ron changed the title to Fundekals - Operation Bolo