Hobby Boss B-24D "Teggie Ann"

leoasman

10 hours ago, tomprobert said:

That’s come out great! Lovely job and I think the ‘sand’ looks spot on. 

Mine is still in its very early stages and this provides huge inspiration!

Tom

Thank you so much!  Coming from you Tom, that means a lot!  I have been very inspired by your amazing work!

• 2 weeks later...

That's one lovely B-24, my friend! Nice to see in something other than green or NMF. She a real tribute to your build and painting skills.

By the way, I see you've also done a "Bat's Head" B-25. I am planning on building the same (although, possibly not in this lifetime!). Did you use decals or hand-paint? I have the decals and I'm not looking forward to using them one bit (too many curves to get them to form around). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Chris.  

On 8/26/2020 at 2:37 PM, Confusionreigns178 said:

That's one lovely B-24, my friend! Nice to see in something other than green or NMF. She a real tribute to your build and painting skills.

By the way, I see you've also done a "Bat's Head" B-25. I am planning on building the same (although, possibly not in this lifetime!). Did you use decals or hand-paint? I have the decals and I'm not looking forward to using them one bit (too many curves to get them to form around). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Chris.  

Thanks!  I used a mask for the bat nose. I can’t remember who makes it. It was tricky I remember and required a few touch ups, but I really like the way it turned out!  I’ve got the spot next to it reserved for the B-26 Marauder that will surely come some day!

Hi, leoasman. 

Thanks for the reply. I might see if I can find the mask version - my faith in being able to use the decal is pretty low. Still, first-world problems, eh? 

I think I read that the Hobbyboss 1/32 B-26 is going to be released in the first quarter, next year. Mind you, I would take anything the Chinese manufacturers say with a HUGE pinch of salt, going by past experience. 

Cheers.

Chris. 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:18 PM, Out2gtcha said:

If the bomber was flying at low level at attack speed, it likely would be a bit blurred anyway

I was going to suggest this.  Blur the photo to suggest movement of the plane and you solve the resolution problem!

The B-24 look gorgeous!  I was surprised to see you used good old Tamiya flesh!  Looks great to my eye.

5e28cbc0977a1.image.jpg

17 hours ago, Zola25 said:

That looks very nice indeed..

Did you do something special to the clear parts? - They look really nice and shiny 

Thank you!  I never succeed dipping parts in future.  So instead I have started brushing it on lightly with a good wide brush once it’s attached to the model before I put on the masks. 

On 9/9/2020 at 1:53 AM, ringleheim said:

I was going to suggest this.  Blur the photo to suggest movement of the plane and you solve the resolution problem!

The B-24 look gorgeous!  I was surprised to see you used good old Tamiya flesh!  Looks great to my eye.

5e28cbc0977a1.image.jpg

That’s really cool!  I’ll have to see how big it would have to be.