Quinta Studio - 3D printed interior for NEW P-51D, Su-25, F-16C

Jan_G

33 minutes ago, quang said:

Yeah but I see no interest when my finished cockpit looks exactly the same as my fellow modellers’. All I have to do is to open my wallet and shell out the $.

Where’s the fun? What’s the hobby?

Give me back the old-school Monogram inscribed Instrument panels. At least I’d feel I achieved something when I finish painting one of them.

Hi Quang. I get this point but I do not see how I could get a similar result with a paintbrush. If you know a technique that allows the reproduction of such details, please share it with me. The only system that more or less reached a similar level of detail was the old Waldron print but each part was monochrome. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that personally I like them.  No different to when colour PE, and other media came out etc.  I remember when PE became available, I was amazed what it was doing for our hobby at the time.  I am a results builder.  I will use whatever means available to achieve what I think is realistic.  I simply couldnt achieve what these parts do and in my mind looking into a cockpit and seeing that would really impress me. Sometimes I have to scratchbuild cockpit items, but I dont enjoy it with failing eyes and clumsy fingers,  this for me saves time and gives great results.

Now if they would just bring out a 1/32 F-4J cockpit, I could put a lot of it in my FGR-2

I wonder what they have planned in 1/32??

4 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

I will use whatever means available to achieve what I think is realistic.  I simply couldnt achieve what these parts do and in my mind looking into a cockpit and seeing that would really impress me. Sometimes I have to scratchbuild cockpit items, but I dont enjoy it with failing eyes and clumsy fingers,  this for me saves time and gives great results.

Right there with you. I know how to make and mark tiny things, but bilateral cubital tunnel syndrome imposes certain limitations. Any option that frees me to focus my efforts on things still within my abilities is welcome.

Adam

Edited by adameliclem

For me, this is a horses for courses product. If I want great results without much effort in one of my builds, I will buy it. However, I have some kits where I actually want to put the effort into scratching around the cockpit and seats. I know it won't look as good but I will enjoy the effort. I certainly don't want to put that level of effort into every build.

Also, worth noting that Quinta don't provide decals for every single kit out there, so you are still stuck with old school for many builds anyway.

4 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

I'm seriously hoping these lovely bits are going to be installed into a lovely Royal Singaporean Air Force F-16 mate?  Just kindly asking?   :coolio:

Miss our times on chatting about LSP and beers mate.  All the best to you and the Mrs.  

Troy 

Thanks Troy,

Your hopes will be fulfilled, I have an RSAF F-16D to build, so watch this space.

I will also miss our times chatting about plastic over beer. 

Hope your house move(s) go well and make sure you get the man cave up and running first!!!!

16 hours ago, DonH said:

For me, this is a horses for courses product. If I want great results without much effort in one of my builds, I will buy it. However, I have some kits where I actually want to put the effort into scratching around the cockpit and seats. I know it won't look as good but I will enjoy the effort. I certainly don't want to put that level of effort into every build.

Also, worth noting that Quinta don't provide decals for every single kit out there, so you are still stuck with old school for many builds anyway.

exactly my feeling on this as well-

P