Colombia Kfir C10 Revell+Isracast

red Dog

Getting near the end now that the windscreen issue is under control.

The seat, pilot and Ip were glued in place, the inner framing painted black after the main frame received the two rear view mirrors and the centre handle.

Kfir_148_cockpit.png

The canopy and windscreen were finally glued in place. A bit of sanding was required at the aft side of the canopy and a strip of self adhesive aluminium was taped at the front. 

With the windscreen issue under control, many details were added throughout the airframe: canards were glued in place, pitot and various antenna were added, the two parts engine nozzle was painted and weathered and inserted in the rear fuselage before the whole model received it's last coat of semi gloss.

Next thing was assembling the gears.

I wanted to have the gear in transit retracting during take-off. So I spend quite a bit of time studying the retraction sequence. 
The nose gear is usually the first in the well after the side door opens. The main gear are much slower as they first need to be pulled forward to be in line with the retraction axis inside the well. That's the exact moment I chose to set the gears: nose gear almost in and mains just pulled forward before they retract inboard. 

Kfir_150_gears.png

Kfir_149_gears.png

With the gear done, the stores were glued in place. 5th generation precision weapons on an airframe dating back to the late sixties. It was really the spark that kept me going on this difficult conversion. 

And it is now completed:

Kfir_160_final.png

Kfir_161_final.png

The base is from Coastal kits. They had a great service to me as they initially sent the wrong order but were prompt to resend the correct one.
The stand is a 4mm metal rod inserted just in front of the engine nozzle and going through all the inner fuselage to provide stability. 

The end result is not perfect and has its flaws but I'm happy with the final model which mix old and new on a very dynamic scene. 

I'll post more pictures in the Ready for inspection forum soon.

Thank you all for following this one, it was a great venture and I'm convinced that the support of this forum has something to do with the completion of the model :)

On 12/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, easixpedro said:

Love it, brilliantly executed! Always love a dynamic scene and your skills look mighty impressive with that base to make everything pop!

-Peter

Thank you Peter, coming from you and your splendid build scenes, it is quite a compliment

23 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

That is seriously nice. The lines of that particular type are rather attractive. I doff a virtual cap to you sir. 

and I salute you in return Stokey Pete

22 hours ago, Grunticus said:

Very very nice! Great, dynamic scene, great idea and greatly executed. Well done sir!

Thank you Grunticus

22 hours ago, jenshb said:

Excellent presentation, and a very convincing impression of speed.

Many thanks for your help about the canopy, you were quite right. 

8 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Beautiful as usual, Olivier - and the presentation is stunning again. You have a great feeling for dynamic displays! 

You have been of a great support Ben. Thank you. Too bad we can't have our model on the show tables this year. Although I'm pretty sure what the outcome will be :)

7 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Magnificent build Olivier. I think few realize all the effort needed to do this build from an old Revell kit. Well done:clap2::clap2:

Nick, this build is dedicated to you. Without your resin nose it would have NEVER happened and I took a lot of pleasure building this one

So thank you very much.

More completed models pictures posted in the RFI form.

Edited by red Dog