Two new books by HMH Publication on Sept. 15

Nic C.D.

With the book on the Spanish Aircraft Carrier Juan Carlos I released this week, it is time to announce our next two books in the aircraft series!

Release date is September 15 and these are two books we've been working on for quite some time! 

The first one is with reference DH-012+. This is a 116 page book on the Mirage III/5/50. This is the first of the famous French supersonic deltas, which remains operational to this date (nearly 70 years already!) with the Pakistan Air Force. 

540.jpg

This book is filled with details, action, cockpit, maintenance of the Mirage III. Photos are included of French, Swiss, Pakistan, Argentine, Brazilian and Spanish Mirage IIIs. A separate (extensive) chapter is included on the Mirage 5 (single-seat, two-seat and recce-version) from Belgium, France, Argentina, Pakistan and on the Mirage 50 from Venezuela! This book took us about 2,5 years to get ready.

The second book to be released on September 15, with reference DH-014 is on the A-4 M/N/AR/AF-1 Skyhawk. Again, this book is 116 pages, with a really large chapter on the maintenance of the jet. A lot of photos were taken in Wittmund AB of the Top Aces Skyhawks, but many photos are included of Israeli, Argentine and Brazilian Skyhawks. A chapter is included of the AF-1 of the Brazilian Navy on board of the Sao Paulo aircraft carrier. There are some fantastic air-to-air photos in this one!

540.jpg

Available from your favourite shop as of September 15 !!

Nic

Hey guys,

Just to clarify: the team joked not wanting a book nr. 13 in the series, so that's the reason why the Mirage is DH-012+. DH-012 is on the MiG-31. So:

DH-011 - Harrier II

DH-012 - MiG-31

DH-012+ - Mirage III

DH-014 - Skyhawk.

A big shipment of books was sent to our US distributor - Casemate - about 7 weeks ago, so they should have arrived by now, unless if they are blocked somewhere due to the virus. I really hope they can be in shops in the US and Canada soon!

Michael, yes yes! The Recce version is in the book with plenty of close-up photos of the recce-nose (inside and out). Next to that, the complete recce nose of the Mirage 5 BR is included too. The Mirage 5 is special for us, which is why we are supporting the BD-09 project in Belgium. These guys have restored a two seat Mirage 5BD to static condition, but they need more funds in order to get it ready for taxiing. They have 3 engines, but the aircraft's hydraulics need to be replaced and that's expensive.  

Nic 

1 minute ago, Nic C.D. said:

Michael, yes yes! The Recce version is in the book with plenty of close-up photos of the recce-nose (inside and out). Next to that, the complete recce nose of the Mirage 5 BR is included too. The Mirage 5 is special for us, which is why we are supporting the BD-09 project in Belgium. These guys have restored a two seat Mirage 5BD to static condition, but they need more funds in order to get it ready for taxiing. They have 3 engines, but the aircraft's hydraulics need to be replaced and that's expensive.  

Nic 

Outstanding information Nic!

Really looking forward to this!!!!!  :clap2:

That sound exciting, Red Dog! I've started on a A-4 AR myself, but I'll build it in a maintenance diorama. The Trumpeter kit is a fantastic basis to do just that, it's just a shame about the nose wheel moulded on the gear strut.

Here's a sample of the AF-1 on the Sao Paulo:

540.jpg

Plenty more where that came from! Hope you like it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, just checked and the entire series of books (13 so far, soon 15) is now available in the US and Canada from Casemate Publishing. It took some time for the boat to arrive across the pond, but they finally arrived! Youhou !!

Nic

(Sorry was just excited, it won't happen again...)

• 1 month later...

I just got both books and can simply say they are excellent and cover areas that are generally not visible. Well done! Nevertheless, I was a little bit disappointed by the total  lack of any two-seater cockpit picture in the Skyhawk book. This is a pity as no OA-4M cockpit (original or updated for export) reference has ever been published in English! This is really a missed opportunity as kits in all scales are quite inaccurate at that level and except a small bunch of small black and white pictures in two Japanese books oop for decades and drawings in the OA-4M technical manual, there is nothing, printed or online! Too bad. 

Thank you for the feedback Thierry! Initially, the Skyhawk book was going to be just 84 pages and only on the M and N versions, but we decided to go for 116 pages in the end. And with regards to the back-seat cockpit; I'll get in contact with our photographer in Brazil and ask if he can make some photos. If he's able, I'll post the photos here and if ever we have to reprint the book, we'll include them!  

At the moment, we're working hard on two more books to be released this year. The first is on a really legendary aircraft and will be 196 pages ! The second is an 84 page book on a really small aircraft that is/was in use with over 30 countries. Both should be available early December. 

Here's a really cool photo that we got from Russia:

1k0.jpg

That's one that made us really proud! 

Nic