Tamiya F-4J Phantom VMFA-232 Red Devils *Finished*

AlbertD

56 minutes ago, dmthamade said:

Pfffttttt!! Do a JASDF build, THEN you can complain about stencils!! Build is looking fantastic!! Look forward to the final pics.

Don

Thanks Don. I hope the finished build is worthy of all the help I have gotten from everyone.

:blink: Finally finished applying the stencil decals. It's good to know I can move on and get some other stuff done.

I did see something interesting on the HGW website. Of course it might be old news. They have seatbelts and stencils for 1/48 Phantoms. I wonder if that means 1/32 is on its way? Do any of you guys have any influence at HGW? If so please put in a word. I bet they would sell pretty well.

I have a question for you fellow Phantom builders who have installed the centerline fuel tank. Do you do anything to make for a better mounting? It just seems flimsy. I was thinking of somehow mounting magnets. I am using brass rod for the pylons and ordnance but there is no place for that on the tank. They are both hollow.

Hi Albert,

I see the problem. At the end of the centerline there are two little panels which come out to give the centerline  more stabilazation in flight ( I wonder if that is correct English? ) I want to use those two panels to fix the centerline a bit more better.

Hope this helps.

Love your build,

Rick

6 hours ago, vvwse4 said:

Hi Albert,

I see the problem. At the end of the centerline there are two little panels which come out to give the centerline  more stabilazation in flight ( I wonder if that is correct English? ) I want to use those two panels to fix the centerline a bit more better.

Hope this helps.

Love your build,

Rick

Thank you Rick. I think I understand what you mean. I will figure something out and show it in case it helps someone else.