Tamiya F-4J Phantom VMFA-232 Red Devils *Finished*

AlbertD

6 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Very nice!!  Don’t forget that blue position light on the left side of the aft fuselage!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Navy/Marine F-4 model that had it represented...

I missed that one. I'll have to hit the references again and look for it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Al, I congratulate you on the excellent work you have done with your F-4; very, very beautiful and well done. I want to ask you for information: where did you get the MER external pylons since they are not present in the Tamiya kit?
Thanks for the reply and congratulations on the model again! ;)

5 hours ago, Cicciuzzo said:

Hi Al, I congratulate you on the excellent work you have done with your F-4; very, very beautiful and well done. I want to ask you for information: where did you get the MER external pylons since they are not present in the Tamiya kit?
Thanks for the reply and congratulations on the model again! ;)

Hi, Thank you for the kind words. It was a fun build. The pylons are from Eduard and are very well detailed but they come too short and need to be extended. The set comes with 3 and I sacrificed one to extend the others. There is more information early in the thread on this. 

2 hours ago, AlbertD said:

Hi, Thank you for the kind words. It was a fun build. The pylons are from Eduard and are very well detailed but they come too short and need to be extended. The set comes with 3 and I sacrificed one to extend the others. There is more information early in the thread on this. 

sorry Al but I meant the outer pylons where the MER  are attached. Do they come from a resin set? I highlighted it in the photo thanks and congratulations again :D

F0DDB652-F4DE-4706-838D-A1428958638D

1 hour ago, Cicciuzzo said:

sorry Al but I meant the outer pylons where the MER  are attached. Do they come from a resin set? I highlighted it in the photo thanks and congratulations again :D

I had not had my coffee at that point. Yes they are resin but the company is now gone. I have seen various ones on eBay though. There is also a seller who sells kit sprues and he often has the correct sprue from the Tamiya kit that has the pylons.

1 hour ago, Cicciuzzo said:

I might have that sprue. I will look later today. If I do they are yours if you want them if you would pay shipping.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:43 PM, AlbertD said:

I might have that sprue. I will look later today. If I do they are yours if you want them if you would pay shipping.

Hi Al, mine was just information. I have now decided to mount the two external tanks and two TER with the Eduard 632098 Mk.82 set. Thanks all the same for your availability.

Edited by Cicciuzzo

17 hours ago, Cicciuzzo said:

Hi Al, mine was just information. I have now decided to mount the two external tanks and two TER with the Eduard 632098 Mk.82 set. Thanks all the same for your availability.

If you change your mind, the outer pylons for ordnance are included in a new small sprue in the Tamiya USMC F-4J boxing.

Alternatively, GT Resin has some seperately: https://spruebrothers.com/gtr32065-1-32-gt-resin-us-navy-f-4-phantom-ii-outer-pylons-tam-kit/