Tamiya F-4J Phantom VMFA-232 Red Devils *Finished*

AlbertD

1 hour ago, aircommando130 said:

Love the phantom...my favorite fighter! Great job!

We'll get Gunnery Sgt. Hartman to give you the "proper motivation"

to finish!

Cheers...Ron

56 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Now, there we go Al!  All tied in together and looking Phabulous (sorry couldnt resist that) 

You are nearly there mate, and what a stunning piece to have on display when finished.  Such great motivation for me (yes I am still working on her)

Awesome

It's not hard to stay motivated with this bunch behind you. I laid out all the canopy PE and there sure is a bunch to sort through. I'm probably going to make up the Aires seats with separate PE harnesses and see is they look any better then the Quickboost seats with molded is belts. I have a feeling it will be the better way to go. Probably another week and this one can go on the shelf.

Great work Albert however just a couple of minor points, the Zuni rocket pod cable would most likely be connected to the bottom of the TER, not the side receptacle. The TER could carry 3 rocket pods and there would be 3 places to plug them into. Also the TER has a cable that plugs into a port on the pylon for electrical interface, you can see it on this A-4:

Charles E. Barnett

a bit more modern, a TER on a A-10 but the principles are the same:

151002-F-ID393-017.JPG

Jari

19 minutes ago, Finn said:

Great work Albert however just a couple of minor points, the Zuni rocket pod cable would most likely be connected to the bottom of the TER, not the side receptacle. The TER could carry 3 rocket pods and there would be 3 places to plug them into. Also the TER has a cable that plugs into a port on the pylon for electrical interface, you can see it on this A-4:

Charles E. Barnett

a bit more modern, a TER on a A-10 but the principles are the same:

151002-F-ID393-017.JPG

Jari

Thanks Jari, I'll make those corrections before I get the canopies and vertical stabilizer glued on. I picked up some Anyz 0.5mm cable that should look better then the ,ead wire anyway.

Aside from painting the navigation lights and maybe a couple of touchups I'm calling this one done. I found myself starting to want to rush to move on from it and didn't want to take the chance of really ruining something. It's far from perfect but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. I took a few short cuts because I was loosing my patents. I sure learned plenty to take to future projects. I will take some better pictures tomorrow with the real camera and a neutral background and post them in the RFI forum. I want to thank everyone for the guidance and encouragement along the way. It's very much appreciated.

IMG-0807.jpg

IMG-0808.jpg

IMG-0809.jpg

• AlbertD changed the title to Tamiya F-4J Phantom VMFA-232 Red Devils *Finished*