Spad XIII, Avro 504K, and 1 1/2 Sopwith Strutter

Ali62

16 minutes ago, Fred Jack said:

I do have 4, but they were hard to order. I think when people realize how good they are, maybe business will pick up. I do have lots of Roden Nieuports and a bunch of Hobbycraft Nie 17s. The interiors aren’t all that detailed, but you really can’t see all that much anyway. Except the observer/bomber crew areas which have large open areas, you don’t need to have all that detail anyway.

If you spend much time looking at WNW WIP's online, you will see that almost everybody details everything on those fine kits.  Actually...  of all of the WNW WIP's I've ever seen, the only person who skips on hidden areas is me.  It's just what most people do.

I am curious... how were they hard to order?

On 8/5/2020 at 11:57 PM, esarmstrong said:

Built by the French, but chiefly used by the Italians and Belgium as an export product.  Sure would have been something to have seen this little aircraft with the WNW treatment.  Sigh...

So plenty of non Anglo- German options. Dr1 boxing with WNW instructions...what could have been.

7 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Dr1 from Meng, SPAD X111 from Roden, HD 1 from ...? I’d say Roden if sales go well. 

I hope Roden really ups their game with these supposed new releases in big ways.  Better plastic, better designed and fitting kits, decals that don't shatter if you look at them wrong, etc. ...

Edited by esarmstrong

13 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

I hope Roden really ups their game with these supposed new releases in big ways.  Better plastic, better designed and fitting kits, decals that don't shatter if you look at them wrong, etc. ...

I’d say so. I heard their Wing/strut attachment points need attention. We are talking a re-tool I’m assuming for the SPAD xiii not just a re jig of the SPAD vii. 

If they do WNW or almost WNW standard they’ll be worth building and make them $ for more releases.

CSM have done a great job with their Nieuports. Who knows maybe Eduard, ICM or someone else might have a go at WW1 and ‘tween wars kits. ICM did a nice job on the Gladiator. 

Edited by Pup7309

Regarding the CSM Nieuports, if there is someone that Roden might want to view as a "gold standard" in WWI aircraft, it might be these guys.  Those Nieuports are the most detailed and finest looking WWI kits I have seen.  I realize it's heresy to some to make such statements in relation to WNW, but I have plenty of WNW kits with which to compare the CSM Nieuport.

Edited by esarmstrong

On 8/10/2020 at 4:34 AM, esarmstrong said:

Regarding the CSM Nieuports, if there is someone that Roden might want to view as a "gold standard" in WWI aircraft, it might be these guys.  Those Nieuports are the most detailed and finest looking WWI kits I have seen.  I realize it's heresy to some to make such statements in relation to WNW, but I have plenty of WNW kits with which to compare the CSM Nieuport.

Yes it would be great to see more from them but I believe their output capacity is not a big as other companies and they need to make money on other lines. 

On 8/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, Gazzas said:

I am curious... how were they hard to order?

Not hard at all. I preordered mine directly from the CSM online store. In the USA,  Kitlinx (currently in stock) and Sprue Brothers (currently out of stock) carry them. In my opinion the CSM Nieuport is every bit as good as a WNW kit and a more interesting subject than half the WNW line.

Just to respond quickly  to a query about the differences between the Spad VII and XIII - there is very, very little similarity, although from a distance they look the same - the XIII is bigger in just about every dimension, with different curves and details ... just like French ladies! But both very beautiful, I may add. No seriously, and no disrespect intended, conversion from one to the other should not be contemplated... just buy the kit! Regards, Marc.