Spad XIII, Avro 504K, and 1 1/2 Sopwith Strutter

Ali62

18 hours ago, Gazzas said:

CSM slept soundly through the "We want Dr.I" years.  Some people just don't perceive the obvious. 

The Nieuport was definitely high on everyone's "must produce" list, so they definitely listened to the crowd.  Especially being such a popular aircraft during and after the war.

Matt 

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

The Nieuport was definitely high on everyone's "must produce" list, so they definitely listened to the crowd.  Especially being such a popular aircraft during and after the war.

Matt 

It obviously wasn't high enough on the list as they had to build and wait on the sales of armored cars to finance their next WWI aircraft.  As many people bleated and tweated they wanted Nieuports, they obviously didn't buy them.

39 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Nieuports and Spads seem like utter no-brainers for any manufacturer of 1/32 kits.  I will never understand the WnW thought process doing kits of things of which there was a tiny handful built, which had zero historical impact on the war, while blatantly ignoring things like the Spads and Nieuports.

I can picture it... 

Somewhere deep in Middle Earth...

Sir Peter: “You know Richard, what our product line is really lacking...”

Richard: “...is a Dr.I? Yep, right on i....

Sir Peter: “A Gotha UWG!”

Richard: “.....:o....”

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Nieuports and Spads seem like utter no-brainers for any manufacturer of 1/32 kits.  I will never understand the WnW thought process doing kits of things of which there was a tiny handful built, which had zero historical impact on the war, while blatantly ignoring things like the Spads and Nieuports.

It would seem that Sir Richard didn’t think that the French were even in the War. He only produced the one French plane that was heavily used by the US in 1918, even if he did make a Salmson in French markings.

6 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

It would seem that Sir Richard didn’t think that the French were even in the War. He only produced the one French plane that was heavily used by the US in 1918, even if he did make a Salmson in French markings.

Apparently one of their upcoming kits was a Hanriot HD1 though. But someone else will have to do it now. 

5 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

So not a huge difference between a XIII and a VII  ?   :shrug:

The XIII used the same basic airframe but larger and strengthened, and got a much more powerful HS geared engine, 2 Vickers MGs instead of one for the VII, and larger fuel tanks, all in all making it a beast for its day. 

Edited by Basta
Typo

3 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Apparently one of their upcoming kits was a Hanriot HD1 though. But someone else will have to do it now. 

Built by the French, but chiefly used by the Italians and Belgium as an export product.  Sure would have been something to have seen this little aircraft with the WNW treatment.  Sigh...

12 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I have no idea what that paragraph means.

I believe it is a reference to reports that CSM didn't sell their Nieuports like they had hoped that they would.  Seems a little odd to me that this happened.  Maybe there were several that were just waiting for WNW to do it and refused to buy the CSM Nieuports.  I never understood that because to my eye those CSM Nieuports are every bit as good, or dare I say, better in some ways than comparable WNW kits.  Well, they can go ahead and buy them now if that was holding them back.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:07 AM, esarmstrong said:

I believe it is a reference to reports that CSM didn't sell their Nieuports like they had hoped that they would.  Seems a little odd to me that this happened.  Maybe there were several that were just waiting for WNW to do it and refused to buy the CSM Nieuports.  I never understood that because to my eye those CSM Nieuports are every bit as good, or dare I say, better in some ways than comparable WNW kits.  Well, they can go ahead and buy them now if that was holding them back.

I do have 4, but they were hard to order. I think when people realize how good they are, maybe business will pick up. I do have lots of Roden Nieuports and a bunch of Hobbycraft Nie 17s. The interiors aren’t all that detailed, but you really can’t see all that much anyway. Except the observer/bomber crew areas which have large open areas, you don’t need to have all that detail anyway.