BAe Hawk In Worldwide Service

Iain

I  have no doubt this re-release will occur before long as this is an 'in-house' mold.

I do not know how many Hawk kits were built as I have no crystal ball but I know that each time a survey was made by magazines years ago (before the current century), the estimated amount of built kits never exceeded a large maximum of 30% and it was really the exception. In most cases, far less kits of a reference were built (10-15%) and the larger was the scale, the less kits were built. I guess this was probably linked to the fact that children who assembled a kit in an afternoon rather built cheap and more simple kits.

I do not have more accurate figures coming from a recent scientific research but I'm ready to bet such values are not far from reality. Modellers are squirrels! If we just take our situation on LSP, most of us have at least dozens of kits in a stash. They have been purchased but not yet assembled.

And finally, have a look at the articles on LSPs. We have more or less 8000 members and even if only a single percent of the members got the kit, how many built Hawks do we have on the site...? Six!

You get my point.