BAe Hawk In Worldwide Service

Iain

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

All for the Revell kit, or do some require the Kinetic kit?

Excellent Iain, thank you (I may have to get this set) ☺

Hi Dave,

I would have to check it out, but although this set is ostensibly designed for the T.Mk.1, 50 & 60 series Hawk aircraft, at a pinch, it may be possible to use the Jordanian markings to represent a UAE Mk.102 aircraft, so don't put away that Kinetic kit quite yet! (Likewise, the Indonesian markings might be able to be used to represent a Mk.109 aircraft).

If these decals sell well, I am confident that we may see other sets for the 100 series Hawk aircraft - there are many more of those currently in service use than the older marks; the very last new build Hawk aircraft are currently in production. Once they have been completed, that will be the end of a very fine production run lasting 46 years.

UAE%20AF%20Hawk%20Mk%20102%20at%20Al%20Ain%20aerobatics%20show%202005.jpg

109-1a

Derek

Edited by Derek B
Ref images

Interesting choice for a new decal sheet. Is the Revell kit still available? I can't seem to find it anywhere. So, are these decals aimed at the few (or many) who have large stashes of these kits or does Euro Decals know something?

26 minutes ago, DonH said:

Interesting choice for a new decal sheet. Is the Revell kit still available? I can't seem to find it anywhere. So, are these decals aimed at the few (or many) who have large stashes of these kits or does Euro Decals know something?

The Revel hawk is out of production but there are still a few around, i picked one up from a member on this site 

Nice decals of some excellent schemes, thanks for the post

52 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Aren’t the Canadian Hawks the Kinetic version, not the Revell version?

Hopefully those decals will be released for the trainer GB.

Yes.  The Canadian one is Kinetic.  And that kit comes with Canadian decals.

2 hours ago, Robthepom said:

The Revel hawk is out of production but there are still a few around, i picked one up from a member on this site 

It makes me wonder why a decal company would go to the trouble of creating a sheet like this for a kit that is OOP and must have limited numbers - not everyone with one in the stash is going to buy these decals, so there is not 100% market share. 

I would love to understand the business case/return on investment.

7 hours ago, DonH said:

It makes me wonder why a decal company would go to the trouble of creating a sheet like this for a kit that is OOP and must have limited numbers - not everyone with one in the stash is going to buy these decals, so there is not 100% market share. 

I would love to understand the business case/return on investment.

Simply because thousands of boxes have been sold and 90% of them have yet to be assembled! Moreover Revell is regularly re-releasing the 'old' kits. 

13 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Simply because thousands of boxes have been sold and 90% of them have yet to be assembled! Moreover Revell is regularly re-releasing the 'old' kits. 

Really? How do you know that 90% have yet to be assembled? More importantly, how does anyone know? I bought one, built it and have been looking for another one.

I suspect that the majority of kits were bought by assemblers and not kit stash hoarders, but I don't know. I am only curious why a decal company thinks it's feasible to release decals that can really only be applied to an OOP kit. Especially, when there are already decals out there from the likes of Xtradecal etc. 

I really, really hope that Revell does release this kit again, because it is very nice and I want one.