New Group Build starting next month; Training Day....

BradG

I'd like to commit to this GB to get back on track after a long break. My stash reveals nothing hair raising but either

a F/A-18B from VFA-125 "Rough Raiders" (a pure training unit) in some adversary markings or a Special Hobby T-2 Buckeye.

Advantage everything needed is in the boxes so no need to buy something. Maybe I retire into my sweating teepee and smoke

some green leaves till I see a clear picture :coolio:

Lothar

27 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Would target tugs be included in this then out of interest?

Regards Andy 

I would say absolutely 100% Andy, air gunners under training have to fire at something!  

For what it's worth, this was one of my father's jobs after the demand for new pilots dwindled in late '44/45.  He was based at No. 24 Bombing, Navigation and Gunnery School (Moffat, S Rhodesia).  Not a popular duty flying a knackered old Fairey Battle and being shot at by enthusiastic but inefficient AC2s!

Qj2Kex.jpg

lUGk1a.jpg

cU2YIn.jpg

j179AW.jpg

Edited by mozart

2 hours ago, mozart said:

I would say absolutely 100% Andy, air gunners under training have to fire at something!  

For what it's worth, this was one of my father's jobs after the demand for new pilots dwindled in late '44/45.  He was based at No. 24 Bombing, Navigation and Gunnery School (Moffat, S Rhodesia).  Not a popular duty flying a knackered old Fairey Battle and being shot at by enthusiastic but inefficient AC2s!

Qj2Kex.jpg

lUGk1a.jpg

cU2YIn.jpg

j179AW.jpg

Absolutely stunning pictures Max and thank you for sharing, I do like a Fairy Battle and it's another what if in 32nd scale unless you decide to go the vac route! 

Just wonderful pi5once again though.

Regards. Andy 

8 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

A Romanian Pzl11C is also an idea... and the RAF Dominie is also another tempting option! This group build is an excellent idea as most of the planes were used somewhere in one way or another in a training unit!

1 minute ago, mozart said:

I’m definitely going to do the Dominie, but I also have the Fisher T7 Hunter conversion that I’m dying to do (thanks Lothar!) and also of course the Silver Wings Tiger Moth. My started vac Avro Anson, well less than 25%, is also a possibility!  

What form is the Dominie in, vac?