New Group Build starting next month; Training Day....

BradG

3 minutes ago, BradG said:

Some good ideas, although experimental aircraft and all resin as GB's I'm not sure would work. Reconnaissance in 1/32 is an interesting idea, again I'm not sure there are enough easily available kits for it to be a viable idea, but I am open to being convinced.

Well, many WW2 fighters had a reco capability. Think of the Me109, Mustang or Spitfire. Moreover, most jets used from the eighties are using reco pods. So, the scope can be easily enlarged. And this can also encompass most WW1 two-seaters.

1 minute ago, thierry laurent said:

Well, many WW2 fighters had a reco capability. Think of the Me109, Mustang or Spitfire. Moreover, most jets used from the eighties are using reco pods. So, the scope can be easily enlarged. And this can also encompass most WW1 two-seaters.

I know, but I work on the basis there has to be enough kits straight from the box available for the GB to run. Not sure there is at this stage.

-Winged weapons; smart weapons.

-Engines on stands or exposed (Me-262 for me)

aircraft undergoing maintenance.

-humorous builds (mine may be a Bf-109 color swatch; a la paint store).

-Derelict airplanes (e.g., desert, swamp, farm field, tractors hauling something)

-Make the judges laugh (if you have a SOD kit then continue on with numerous faux pas).

* What are you doing here? : captured ac.

* Jump the shark: any ac with a shark's mouth nose marking 

* In the navy: any seaplane, carrier ac, or ac in naval markings. 

* For sale or rent: export ac or ac in markings other than the country of origin. 

* Pimp my ride: flamboyant, non-standard and commemorative paint jobs. 

* It wasn't meant to be this way: repurposed ac. 

* Golden oldies: the oldest kit or boxing in your stash. Get on with it finally! 

* Wheels? Amateur! : any ac with skis, drag shoot, pontoons or tailskid. 

* Zoology: any ac named after an animal or insect (in other words, the RAF) 

Edited by Basta
Additions

1 hour ago, BradG said:

Some good ideas, although experimental aircraft and all resin as GB's I'm not sure would work. Reconnaissance in 1/32 is an interesting idea, again I'm not sure there are enough easily available kits for it to be a viable idea, but I am open to being convinced.

maybe not in the timeframe of the GB this year (6 months?) but rather over say 2 or 3 years?  Then again, that may be too long a period to keep the mojo flowing...

Family Models - aircraft with all of aircrew under one canopy.  Needs to have at least two aircrew 

Red Skies - Russian/Soviet aircraft, maybe also other air forces with a red star in their national insignia

Terrible Twins - Twin engine aircraft only

Swingin’ Singles - Single engine, single pilot aircraft.

Lone Hunters - Single engine, single pilot, just fighters or interceptors

Asian Delights - Aircraft in the markings of Asian countries
Forgotten Conflicts - Not the “big” wars (WW1,WW2, Korea, Vietnam), I’m thinking smaller, shorter, more regional conflicts like Gulf War, Arab/Israeli conflicts, Soccer War, etc.

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

For most WW2 options you’ll need a conversion kit, but they are available.  I’m not sure how many come straight out of the box, other than the Tamiya F-6D in their D/K boxing.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:26 PM, mark31 said:

high on my list is trying to turn this

ComrtMx.jpg

in sommthing like this

NkVGhOM.jpg

then i think 6 months:hmmm:

Mark

Mark you could use the vas as a conversion set for the trumpeter one...might be easier faster?

looking forward to this one

Cheers Fred

17 minutes ago, stusbke said:

Mark you could use the vas as a conversion set for the trumpeter one...might be easier faster?

looking forward to this one

Cheers Fred

First trying the hard way Fred

Will be a nice training for the other vacs I have

Already have spare parts from fellow forum members here like wheelbase,landing gear and intake

Mark

With all of the interesting 'new' Revell kits - i.e. the FW-190(s), BF-109(s), Mustang and ME-262(s), as well as civilian models and helo's, not to mention the iconic kits of our youth like the Wildcat, Corsair, P-40, P-47, etc., do you think there would be any interest in doing a "Revell" build? Anything by Revell, old or new, strictly out of the box except for decals/masks. The idea being to keep it simple, affordable, and fun.

I don't know about anybody else, but too often I get bogged down in accuracy and 'perfection' to the point of complete paralysis - no fun in that. When I've just grabbed an inexpensive kit and built it straight out of the box, not worrying about every little detail, I've been amazed at how much fun it was.

Cheers!

John.

21 minutes ago, Leaning_Dog said:

With all of the interesting 'new' Revell kits - i.e. the FW-190(s), BF-109(s), Mustang and ME-262(s), as well as civilian models and helo's, not to mention the iconic kits of our youth like the Wildcat, Corsair, P-40, P-47, etc., do you think there would be any interest in doing a "Revell" build? Anything by Revell, old or new, strictly out of the box except for decals/masks. The idea being to keep it simple, affordable, and fun.

I don't know about anybody else, but too often I get bogged down in accuracy and 'perfection' to the point of complete paralysis - no fun in that. When I've just grabbed an inexpensive kit and built it straight out of the box, not worrying about every little detail, I've been amazed at how much fun it was.

Cheers!

John.

Nice idee

Mark

39 minutes ago, Leaning_Dog said:

I don't know about anybody else, but too often I get bogged down in accuracy and 'perfection' to the point of complete paralysis - no fun in that. When I've just grabbed an inexpensive kit and built it straight out of the box, not worrying about every little detail, I've been amazed at how much fun it was

I agree, doing this regulary and still have a couple of old Revell kits in the stash just for this purpose.

Nice idea, John!

Cheers,

Peter