New Group Build starting next month; Training Day....

BradG

It'as a ten dollar word, eh? :punk:

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

After a few hours of assembly your “plethora”. Of words will degrade into a sh**load.  

We've got a winner :D

The ...wording is an important part of the fun. Were else can you use inappropriate language without your spouse instantly running amok :D :punk:

And I LOVE this forum for all this conversation. Not to mention the interesting people all around :post1:

Happy modelling!

- dutik

3 minutes ago, mozart said:

Well said Dutik, words in all their varieties and subtleties are both fun and important......but there’s one word in particular that is a pet hate of mine.........”nice”! :angry2::angry2:

Unfortunately I use that one quite a bit. I shall refrain from now on! Only meant in the best way possible, but I can definitively see having words that trigger............one for me is "whatever"

4 hours ago, mozart said:

“Plethora” is a pretty good start for a non-native English speaker Dutik! All you chaps from Europe really amaze, and shame, me with your loquaciousness and command of the English language. Our friends across the pond think they speak English too, but they don’t of course....only a tortured version of it! :innocent:

You know what was said by Oscar Wilde and George Bernard Shaw about the use of that common language... :lol: 

5 hours ago, mozart said:

Well said Dutik, words in all their varieties and subtleties are both fun and important......but there’s one word in particular that is a pet hate of mine.........”nice”! :angry2::angry2:

‘Nice’ adj: ‘pleasant and satisfactory’... which ranks alongside ‘pretty’ as the most lukewarm of praise. I think we could form a club Max! :D

Has there been a GB around experimental planes in the past?

How about historical moments in aviation? (this can be as broad as possible, not just the big moments such as first flight, or breaking the sound barrier; it can also include specific points in the development of aeronautical knowledge, e.g. specific type of wing configuration, etc)

Well there are many possibilities. Up to now, I identified the following categories. Note some will possibly be too restricted:

- Era (mid-war, cold war, etc.)

- War (Korea, SEA, Middle-East, etc.)

- War theater of ops (WW2 ETO, MTO, PTO, CBI, etc.)

- Location (Africa, Asia, CONUS, Europe,etc.)

- Function (fighter, bomber, trainer, reco, etc.)

- Size (single seater, twin-engine, etc.)

- Construction type (seaplane, biplane, etc.)

- Propulsion (propeller, reactor, rocket, glider, etc.)

- Speed (sub-sonic, supersonic, hypersonic)

- Mark (initial such a Mk.I, GR1, A, etc. or final)

- Colors ("black and white", "Silver paint, dope and NMF", etc.)

- Aces planes (Olds, Galland, Epstein, MvR, etc.)

- Deco or scheme specific feature (sharkmouth, stripes, stars, etc.)

- Kit producer (WnW, Revell, etc.)

- Kit type (injected plastic, vacform, resin, etc.)

Hth

Thierry

8 minutes ago, dutik said:

"Modern Africa", aka post-WWII.

"Southern Americas", spanning all periods

"Death from above", ground support

"Recce"

"All resin"

With heavy preference to numbers one and two.

Regards

- dutik

Recce would get my immediate vote !!

Some good ideas, although experimental aircraft and all resin as GB's I'm not sure would work. Reconnaissance in 1/32 is an interesting idea, again I'm not sure there are enough easily available kits for it to be a viable idea, but I am open to being convinced.