New Group Build starting next month; Training Day....

BradG

As usual gentlemen, the 1 month heads up for the next Group Build; Training Day, running from September 1st to February 28th 2021. The brief is pretty simple 'Aircraft used in or for training of pilots and air crew.' Aircraft flown in Operational Training Units and those flown as Top Gun Aggressor aircraft are eligible along with target tugs and aerial target drones. It need not be just military either, civilian aircraft used in pilot training schools are all included. 

I'm sure there will be some questions so feel free to post them up here. Also, soon I'll be looking for suggestions for next years Group Build calendar, if you have any ideas, please send them though to me in messenger directly and I'll compile a list. When making suggestions please keep in mind the potential availability of LSP's.

Still 1 month to go for Cold War Jets, so don't forget to check out those builds.

Edited by BradG

1 hour ago, mozart said:

Training only pilots Brad?  What about those used for training navigators, wireless operators, bomb-aimers, air-gunners? 

Ah yes, good point. Yes gunnery school and other related training aircraft are included. A Pinball P39 would be the example here. I will amend the brief. 

6 minutes ago, BradG said:

Ah yes, good point. Yes gunnery school and other related training aircraft are included. A Pinball P39 would be the example here. I will amend the brief. 

Good, no idea what the heck a Pinball P39 is, but I'd hate not to be able to build my Lukgraph Dominie of No. 2 Wireless School Yatesbury!! :rolleyes:

Edited by mozart

Pinball? The same as Gotcha! with planes :yahoo: Shooting at each other in wild dogfights with soft ammo and armored cockpits... :wicked:

Long-term champion was a 12 or 14 years old teenie girl(!!!) that shot them down all together. No drivers licence but Pinball champion :punk:

Regards

- dutik

20 hours ago, mozart said:

Good, no idea what the heck a Pinball P39 is, but I'd hate not to be able to build my Lukgraph Dominie of No. 2 Wireless School Yatesbury!! :rolleyes:

I think you should. Someone needs to get that great kit on the bench.  If the moderators balk a bit tell them you will toss in a couple more wireless sets. :P

20 hours ago, mozart said:

I had to look up the Lukgraph Dominie but that would be one of the most interesting entries into the GB - especially coming from you !

Lothar