Flying with real miniature engines

Artful69

I used to build and fly control line models when I was a teen. They were almost always scale models of something real but almost invariably they would end up in a thousand bit scattered over the park. All the work trying to make them look like the real thing all painted up and gone. Hence why I started building large scale plastic planes. When you've finished all that work you put them in the cabinet and they can be enjoyed and admired for years.

TRF

Me too, did the flying stuff when younger and got fed up of the time effort and expense just to come home with a bag of broken balsa bits. Concentrated on static plastic and been happy ever since

Edited by europapete
spelling

• 5 weeks later...

My dad got me into flying models when I was a teen. He always wanted to do something together with me, so he got into RC. (I wasnt having it, cause he was an alchy) and I moved on to model armor after a while. He  continued in RC for a while and built an absolutely gorgeous FW-190A5. ).060 engine, 5 channel RC, detailed the hell out of it, took first place in a local show. He took it to the club and had one of the senior guys test fly it. Flew beautifully. He never flew it, sold it that day to someone at the club. Having pranged more than a few of them, I could see why. One of the reasons I gave up. Work all winter on two or three, take em to the club and bring home pieces. Glue back to gether, try again. Rinse and repeat.