RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

phantom-ejector-seat_02_2048x.png?v=1596720304

phantom_seat_13_1_2048x.jpg?v=1596720304

phantom-ejector-seat_03_2048x.jpg?v=1596720304

https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/more-furniture-collectibles/collectibles-curiosities/aviation-objects/f-4-phantom-pilots-ejection-seat/id-f_1210134/

Best thing to do is look at all available 1/32 MBA Type 7A/H7 AM resin ejection seats and decide which one has most of the features that you would find on an RAF Phantom seat. I expect that most or all of them will have the US type seat harness moulded into them, so hopefully, this is the only main thing that you would have to change in order to have a reasonably accurate ejection seat - good luck Anthony!

Derek

18 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thanks Rick, yup she'll be in 43 sqn colours with the checkered fin only.

2FkCnw.jpg

Thank you sir!  I will take that compliment to heart as I really dislike doing cockpits..... I thought this might help me to like them, but it didnt :blink:

So I squeezed a bit of time in at the bench today and added some details to the centre cockpit/canopy section.  I found the structure and front seals were a but off so I re-did them.  Excuse the fit as it is only just dropped on top.

tZ7cLV.jpg

I poked a bright light in there to help see what was done with the shapes etc

FYUBaq.jpg

But you get the idea

t0BF3I.jpg

Thanks for tuning in as always gents

Cheers Anthony

18 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

A question for Anthony and all those following this incredible build:

I'm building the Hase 1/48 kit.  It calls for the center section as shown above to be solid, not clear.  Which is correct?  Fortunately (or not), my dog ate this center section after I painted it and I am blessed with a redo.  (HONESTLY, he ate it as I watched!)

19 hours ago, amurray said:

A question for Anthony and all those following this incredible build:

I'm building the Hase 1/48 kit.  It calls for the center section as shown above to be solid, not clear.  Which is correct?  Fortunately (or not), my dog ate this center section after I painted it and I am blessed with a redo.  (HONESTLY, he ate it as I watched!)

Oh no I feel your pain, many years ago I watched my Mini Schnauzer puppy chew some model parts then spit them out...totally unrecoverable LOL!  And teachers never believed us when we said our dogs ate our homework back at school :lol:

So there is a window on the other side still.  Brit Tooms only had them blanked off on the port side you can see in the pics I just took that only one window is masked

ngV6It.jpg

SkMOCa.jpg

Cheers Anthony

12 hours ago, Squizzy 78 said:

Looking awesome Anthony, the level of detail on your Phantom is insane, and the finish is so sharp! Like everyone else I can’t wait to see more!!! :bow:

Thank you sir!  Getting there...you want more???

OK

More detail going in under the centre cockpit section with still more to go, but not too much. The 'curly cord for the hand held Grimes lamp on the left side and the bomb timer on the right side , again with placards to match photos.

yYqNLS.jpg

I'm quite proud of my 'curly' cord lol

JAgi2O.jpg

k0uwpM.jpg

oeLK7R.jpg

vV7VE9.jpg

Yeeesh that's a bit close 

The rear cockpit still needs a few more placards on the sides of the sills and the radar stick controller and canopy lock levers need to go on.  I even have a white placard decal (inside the clear part above the periscope hole) that is present on the actual plane, I didnt take a pic sorry, next time

Anyway, back to it I suppose!

Cheers Anthony

14 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Wow, Anthony. Wow.

Kev

Thanks Kev…..getting there slowly mate!

12 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

:speak_cool::popcorn:

lol nice to see you in the front row!

8 hours ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

Exquisite work and detailing Anthony! Very impressive!

Thank you sir!! Guy’s like you spur me on a lot!

6 hours ago, John1 said:

Fantastic work (as is usual for your builds).  I had no idea the WSO's IP was that different from the US versions.     

Thanks, yeah I knew they were different before I went into it but thought they must be pretty close…..the deeper I dug the more I realised I was in trouble Lol

2 hours ago, Rockie Yarwood said:

Really looking great, Anthony!

Thanks buddy, I’ll be pleased when these cockpits are out of my way though! 

cheers guys! I have the periscope detailed and now fitted. Must do that hand controller before I forget 

Thanks again for all your support 

Anthony