RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all your kind words after my crash etc...

Anyhoo, progress is progress no matter how teeeeny tiny it is?  This and the mounting base took me several hours.  Its Kerry's printed panel particular to the FG.1.  Fitted a couple of Airscale gauges and small stencils, and then matte clear and gloss instrument blobs.  Hopefully glue this unit into the rear tub tomorrow

xlQBF5.jpg

This thing is small and I have had to enlarge it a lot

Onwards and upwards eh

Cheers Anthony

On 9/13/2022 at 4:09 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Oh lol, thanks for the prodding guys!

TBH I’ve had a rough few months with sickness, being made redundant (then reapplying and getting my original job back etc) just one thing and another. Topping it off with a car crash that wrote my CX-5 SUV off 10 days ago. My son and I are ok but left us shaken. I just haven’t had the right mindset to work on the technicalities of the Phantom conversion or even being on the forums, which isn’t like me! Having said that, life is setting back down again, and I’ve been tinkering on a Tamiya 1/32 civilian Mustang that is finished (well just waiting on a set of Roy’s wheels) then it’s back to this.

You’re comments really made me laugh…thanks!

Oh did I not say that cockpit would be my downfall?? Lol.

Cheers, you’re a great bunch!

Anthony

Hey Anthony, only read this now, hope things are on an upward trajectory for you now. 

Marcel

12 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

Hey Anthony, only read this now, hope things are on an upward trajectory for you now. 

Marcel

Thanks marcel, yup all on trajectory again!

6 hours ago, Greg W said:

Oooh, your back!

Nice work on that panel Anthony, looks great. Just like everything else on this model!

So nice to follow along, please continue.

Awwww Greg!  Great to see you buddy...I shall continue!

Glued the panel on its mount and then glued into the tub.  Thought I should to a test fit and make sure everything is in orientation and still in relation to everything else.  pretty happy so far.  Honestly I'd be happy with anything in the cockpit as I really struggle if you hadn't guessed it by all my moaning!

InCkwp.jpg

WTTo8w.jpg

Right-O back to the rear radar scope, ugh :help:

Cheers Anthony

On 9/28/2022 at 11:35 PM, MARU5137 said:

Hello Anthony,

So pleased that you and your son are doing fine and are well after the crash.

Good to see you are doing brilliant.

:thumbsup: :yahoo:

So you are back on this lovely build.. yayyyy.yayyyy.is looking good and the "tub " looks pretty impressive. 

:clap2:  It is coming along splendidly.

YOU CAN DO IT Anthony.

:punk::punk:

yeah The Mustang  is AWESOME  too.

:wub:

Thanks MARU, as always your enthusiasm is fuel for me on those days where it is doing my head in! Glad you like the Tamiya Mustang I just finished in RFI as well....I'm surprised at the response since it was a bit of a 'throw together' to get me going again!

On 9/30/2022 at 12:05 PM, KiwiZac said:

Any progress is good progress!

Yup I reckon too buddy!

On 9/30/2022 at 9:49 PM, Derek B said:

That cockpit looks brilliant Anthony, well done! :thumbsup: :goodjob:

Derek

That means a lot after seeing your amazing cockpit work to date!  Cheers buddy

On 10/1/2022 at 2:52 AM, vvwse4 said:

Hi Anthony,

Like I said before wish I could make something I hate to do look that good. Glad to see you back on this one. 

Reminds me of the SOB which is staring at me for the last year on the SOD.........

Look forward to much more.

Cheers Rick

Haha, thanks Rick!  

Now get back to your one!!!

Thanks for the feedback chaps!

Kerry's been beavering away on the radar scope in the back as I am just not happy with my scratchbuilding skills to do it justice.  Kerry is a legend and am forever indebted to him. 

2KdsDg.jpg

Whilst he works on that I am trying to make sense (again) of the engine detail inside the lower aux doors and rear panel upper section

Cheers guys

Anthony