RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh lol, thanks for the prodding guys!

TBH I’ve had a rough few months with sickness, being made redundant (then reapplying and getting my original job back etc) just one thing and another. Topping it off with a car crash that wrote my CX-5 SUV off 10 days ago. My son and I are ok but left us shaken. I just haven’t had the right mindset to work on the technicalities of the Phantom conversion or even being on the forums, which isn’t like me! Having said that, life is setting back down again, and I’ve been tinkering on a Tamiya 1/32 civilian Mustang that is finished (well just waiting on a set of Roy’s wheels) then it’s back to this.

You’re comments really made me laugh…thanks!

Oh did I not say that cockpit would be my downfall?? Lol.

Cheers, you’re a great bunch!

Anthony

I joined this group (mostly) to follow this build. It is a a really impressive build.

I don't know if this is of interest, or allowed, but I've been going through a stack of electronic documents I have. Mostly technical manuals for aircraft. And I seem to have a number of manuals / documents for RAF Phantoms (and other british aircraft of the era). Don't know if they're any use to you for your build or not, but here's a Dropbox link for them. They're are some large documents in there. And a lot of potential detail. Hopefully you'll find something interesting / useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s95osudob0c2q6f/AAD_ujvrAJG4w314pBVvcDora?dl=0

Edited by Tophat57

2 minutes ago, Tophat57 said:

I joined this group (mostly) to follow this build. It is a a really impressive build.

I don't know if this is of interest, or allowed, but I've been going through a stack of electronic documents I have. Mostly technical manuals for aircraft. And I seem to have a number of manuals / documents for RAF Phantoms (and other britishaircraftof the era). Don't know if they're any use to you for your build or not, but here's a Dropbox link for them. They're are some large documents in there. And a lot of potential retail. Hopefully you'll find something interesting / useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s95osudob0c2q6f/AAD_ujvrAJG4w314pBVvcDora?dl=0

Welcome aboard!

:post1:

Kev