18 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Very Nice.

:clap2:

You are doing a SPLENDID job   Anthony.

:bow:

Thanks Maru...I am getting there!!

10 hours ago, IainM said:

Wow! That is going to be BEAUTIFUL once it's done!!!!:clap2:

Yeesssss 'once it's done' thats the key LOL.  By the way I am loving the paint on your 110!

5 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

Look at that, probably the fastest Fletchers in the world ;)

LOL, well at least your 'real' Fletcher has been saved by you!  

Righty, ummm its hard to believe it has really taken me this long to progress this far!  Lets pull out my 'list of excuses' book

Family

Teenager

Work

Lawns and hedges growing twice as fast as anyone else in the neighborhood

Cooking

Sleeping

Dog ate my homework....

Have all kept me from much time at the modelling bench :whistle:

This part really did take forever, well it felt like it.  I am sure there are a million rivets and fasteners in the belly here.  I also had to correct the pylon mounts and set the positions so that I could build some surface details back from there. Multiple sizes used to depict rivets, bolts or fasteners. There are a lot of structural elements here.

I cold have saved some time.  As it turns out as some of the strengthening doublers cover some of my details...oh well. Not like I got anything else to do Lol

Anyway here are the images.  need to look at the strengthening strap, wheel wells and detail inside the Aux air doors.

5K4XHn.jpg

eVRARU.jpg

svAODG.jpg

Thanks for your support, never taken for granted!

Cheers Anthony

Love it! Thats a a little detail that is so simple, yet never done and just adds that much more Zing to the finished project. 

At the same time, I can't help but think that you're going out of your way to find these little bits in a subtle effort to put off starting rhe cockpits...:whistle:

Mooooore please.

-Peter

10 hours ago, DonH said:

Wonderful. There is no other word for it. 

Well, I suppose Amazing, Incredible, Superb and Phantastic are also worthy of mention.

Thanks Don...awww shucks, you're makin me blush!

2 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Love it! Thats a a little detail that is so simple, yet never done and just adds that much more Zing to the finished project. 

At the same time, I can't help but think that you're going out of your way to find these little bits in a subtle effort to put off starting rhe cockpits...:whistle:

Mooooore please.

-Peter

Hahaha....cockpit?  Oh yeah, will get onto that sometime in the new year I guess.  One cant rush these things!

Cheers Anthony

On 12/21/2021 at 5:39 AM, vvwse4 said:

Hi Anthony,

This is great, love it. Cannot say much more than everyone before said. I am curiuos about that cockpit though.......

Oh yeah I copied your excuse list might come in handy.

LOL, great my list of excuses came in handy!  

Well I have a Black Box cockpit coming but shipping and hold ups here in NZ are a real headache so I am getting on with other parts whilst I wait.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, jeroen_R90S said:

I don't comment all that often, but after catching up reading the last few pages I remain impressend an will now go back to collecting stamps or something! :)

Hey.....dont go collecting stamps!  Stick with the models.  I have seen what you can do.  maybe I should collect stamps!

9 hours ago, GMK said:

Anthony, love the quality of the work & the perseverance. Epic stuff. 

Thank you sir!  Your ongoing encouragement is ALWAYS appreciated!

I am just planning the Aux air doors in the belly as well as the wheel wells.  I am struggling to live with the way the main u/c mounts into the wing.  Nice and simple, and very strong.  But dosent look much like the real deal!

So I am going to rebuild the main wells (havent looked at the nose yet and I must remember the nose leg rakes back on the FG.1)

Anyway I have started some hacking I will update when I have more to show...or its on the SOD :lol:

Thanks again guys

Anthony

Thanks MARU!

Ok moving onto the next phaze of the lower wing.  Here is the first stage of the belly strengthening strap.  Enormous thanks to @Gene K for spending many hours and multiple revisions to get these strengthening plates accurate, there are 6 pieces in total. Fit is perfect!

I just couldnt resist placing the main one on top to show you how good it looks

HeD7QT.jpg

Cheers Anthony

2 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Oh, that's excellent!  Great way to do the strengthening straps on the wings. Always look forward to each update Anthony.

Matt 

Thanks Matt, really appreciate your feedback!

So I have the first strap glued in place with Tamiya extra thin and then ultra thin CA (ZAP in the pink bottle-its like water) around the edges.  Makes for a tidy attachment

tmjNyO.jpg

Notice I drilled out the holes to 0.5mm that Gene had marked on his file.  The reason I reamed them out to this dia with my tiny carbide drills was because there are actually big fastener heads in these locations

See here (Photo courtesy Iain Ogilvie @Iain )

TyHlNd.jpg

So I thought I should show you how I am representing them.

By inserting Evergreen 0.50 rod into the holes, these will be clipped down and sanded with a block sander and then buffed with 0000 steel wool to round the corners off. Notice also the inboard pylon mounts to this slightly proud...another circular shim to be added later

bRFVvl.jpg

Ok I must press on, thanks again to @Gene K for his help with this beautiful piece

Cheers Anthony