RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

23 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Alright, we're going to need to see the shrink ray that you've manufactured at home to make such an exquisite replica

Matt 

Hahaha, well I can hire it out at special LSP rates LOL

Thanks Matt!

17 hours ago, Starfighter said:

That'S absolutely stunning to say the least, my friend! 

Thanks Ben, I am going to take that compliment from you as I have seen your cockpit skills...thank you sir!!

Oh and I am really enjoying your latest project, super ambitious but super cool all at once....

So I made some good progress today, before my eyes clapped out!

Pretty much done except 2 red stencils and a yellow/black canopy locking leaver.  Then it's on to the front tub, phew

Inside details of the placards and periscope (In the Black Box set oddly)

cOG0Z6.jpg

You can see the scratchbuilt radar hand controller but most of it is hidden and you cant really see the placards and wear.

4viatA.jpg

9ljIen.jpg

B0lhXB.jpg

yAnsWa.jpg

Cheers Anthony

3 hours ago, TankBuster said:

Outstanding work and attention to detail, I building F-4J with BB cockpit at the moment and it is no where near as good as yours. The way you have done the thing that goes through side of center piece of canopy looks awesome. Cheers Bob.

Thanks Bob

The BB cockpit set is very nice and fits beautifully.

Its made me look better than I actually am

Have you got a build up somewhere? I could do with some Phantom inspiration!

Cheers Anthony 

17 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thanks Bob

The BB cockpit set is very nice and fits beautifully.

Its made me look better than I actually am

Have you got a build up somewhere? I could do with some Phantom inspiration!

Cheers Anthony 

Hi, yes its a great cockpit but I had a fair bit of work fitting mine probably because I have never done one before. I have never done a wip before but did post some photos in the lsp cockpits thread of the basic cockpit fitted, still lots of work ahead for me with gt exhausts and aerocraft canopy. Its only my second 1/32 build so taking my time to get everything right, not that that will happen lol. Maybe I start that wip one day. Cheers Bob.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:59 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Hahaha, well I can hire it out at special LSP rates LOL

Thanks Matt!

Thanks Ben, I am going to take that compliment from you as I have seen your cockpit skills...thank you sir!!

Oh and I am really enjoying your latest project, super ambitious but super cool all at once....

So I made some good progress today, before my eyes clapped out!

Pretty much done except 2 red stencils and a yellow/black canopy locking leaver.  Then it's on to the front tub, phew

Inside details of the placards and periscope (In the Black Box set oddly)

cOG0Z6.jpg

You can see the scratchbuilt radar hand controller but most of it is hidden and you cant really see the placards and wear.

4viatA.jpg

9ljIen.jpg

B0lhXB.jpg

yAnsWa.jpg

Cheers Anthony

Anthony,

I apologize because I've referenced this before but when you post a picture of the cockpit area that includes the adjoining fuselage intake vents I am drawn to those vents like a moth to a flame!  Every quality build has for me a point of focus.  Yours is the vents.  I don't mean to minimize your other major build accomplishments - far from it!  It's just that for me my eye goes to those vents every time.

Keep going, My Friend!

:clap2:

Awesome work and glad you are still OK!

I wonder how you made those curly cords, I need these for the sliding part of my A-6 but have so far been unsuccessful with my usual techniqu of copper wire over a needle. I wrap them around the needle but when I try to curve them after removal from the needle they become a tangled mess :(

Jeroen

On 11/6/2022 at 12:42 AM, vvwse4 said:

Hi Anthony,

Getting better and better....great work!!

Cheers Rick

Thanks Rick...appreciate it buddy.  How's yours coming along?

On 11/6/2022 at 2:59 AM, Troy Molitor said:

I don't always follow jet builds but this one is really shaping up nicely for you Anthony.  Looking forward to some bigger bits being attached.  This is shaping up to be a stunning build mate.  Carry on.  We are ALL really enjoying this one.  

Troy, I am glad you are still with me buddy!  Front cockpit is largely done so back to big bits soon!

On 11/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, TankBuster said:

Hi, yes its a great cockpit but I had a fair bit of work fitting mine probably because I have never done one before. I have never done a wip before but did post some photos in the lsp cockpits thread of the basic cockpit fitted, still lots of work ahead for me with gt exhausts and aerocraft canopy. Its only my second 1/32 build so taking my time to get everything right, not that that will happen lol. Maybe I start that wip one day. Cheers Bob.

I saw your cockpit on that thread!  Lovely work and I was inspired seeing your work...keep us updated on any updates...and PLEASE put up a build thread, that would be awesome

On 11/7/2022 at 4:22 PM, IainM said:

Exquisite!!! :bow:

Thank you neighbor (you know I almost came over and put it in your letterbox to do for me! 

On 11/8/2022 at 12:44 AM, Derek B said:

Stunning work Anthony! :clap2::goodjob:

Derek

Thanks Derek and largely to your help so far!

On 11/8/2022 at 6:09 AM, Brett M said:

Wow, wow, wow....wow.

Oh Wow...thank you :P Much appreciated my friend!

On 11/8/2022 at 12:10 PM, Kagemusha said:

Fantastic work that man!!

Thanks buddy, I look forward to seeing your one sometime...although there might be a new kit coming of course

On 11/9/2022 at 4:21 AM, Tony T said:

Gorgeously insane level of detail. Quite remarkable!

Tony

Awww thanks Tony, you're too kind mate, thank you so much!

21 hours ago, Jet Passion said:

Lovely! I really like the level of research of this project.

Keep us updated.

Thank you!  And keep up your fantastic products!  

14 hours ago, amurray said:

Anthony,

I apologize because I've referenced this before but when you post a picture of the cockpit area that includes the adjoining fuselage intake vents I am drawn to those vents like a moth to a flame!  Every quality build has for me a point of focus.  Yours is the vents.  I don't mean to minimize your other major build accomplishments - far from it!  It's just that for me my eye goes to those vents every time.

Keep going, My Friend!

:clap2:

Thank you and please dont apologise, I am really pleased how they came out too! Thanks so much for the comment, they were a big job.

7 hours ago, jeroen_R90S said:

Awesome work and glad you are still OK!

I wonder how you made those curly cords, I need these for the sliding part of my A-6 but have so far been unsuccessful with my usual techniqu of copper wire over a needle. I wrap them around the needle but when I try to curve them after removal from the needle they become a tangled mess :(

Jeroen

Thanks Jeroen!  Yup all better now and pointing in the right direction 

I found that if I just pulled them out a little to expose the 'curls' I could manipulate them better.  I used tweezers but my sausage fingers for gentle bends, dont know if that helps??

Thanks gents, you have no idea how much you motivate me, especially with news of a new Brit Toom coming

Cheers Anthony