RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

22 hours ago, GDW said:

Ohooo, more... good!

LOL, thanks buddy!  I am not going to win any races at this speed!

6 hours ago, Rainer Hoffmann said:

Now that's attention to detail, Anthony. Great work and very clean and precise!

Rainer

Thanks Rainer, I appreciate that very much considering your high standards!

I have been working flat out to finish off the port intake so you can see all the panel line differences.  Hopefully fairly soon will be able to post a pic

Thanks again chaps!  You're what's keeping me going at this point.  I think once the intakes are epoxied to the fuse I will feel like I can move on again

Cheers Anthony

6 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

You're killin' it, Anthony!  Spectacular and outstanding.

Cheers,

Damian

(A-4 very close to ready...how often have I thought that?)

Hey Damian

glad you're still hanging in there on this build!  Quite fancy doing my Trumpy Skyhawk now you mention it LOL... no, no rush buddy!

I present to you one Spey intake ready to glue to the fuse when the other side is finished!  I havent riveted across most of the top of the intake rear section as this still needs extensive modification of shape.

NRUBTb.jpg

aumZ4U.jpg

V4aUny.jpg

ADrZ0c.jpg

vHHwDb.jpg

sunQeH.jpg

z3oT6b.jpg

ioo9Z4.jpg

Overall pretty happy with it, especially those new vent sections.....man I spent some hours in there!

Thanks as always for stopping by

Cheers Anthony

2 hours ago, mozart said:

For a “lump of grey plastic” (no offence intended!) that is very beautiful Anthony! :coolio:

LOL, thank you

Kerry just phoned me and sent through his latest Spey Can update.......these have been studied and measured to within an inch of their lives and are going to be as accurate as you will ever get.  Nearly finished now except looking for some more details at the spray ring set up deep inside., if anyone can help?

We need someone who has a printer capable of doing these in 1/32 and if there is interest, 1/48.  maybe someone might want it in their product line??

Anyway, enough talk

CMxTJ5.jpg

xE5doM.jpg

1oXSZF.jpg

xzGauM.jpg

Goodness me, 2 updates in one day!

Cheers Anthony

Just now, IainM said:

@Anthony in NZ this is going to be an absolute masterpiece! I hang my head in shame with my attempts at modelling:lol:
I cannot wait to see this thing in the flesh one day...festooned with gold medals!!:thumbsup:

Nah mate, I was just reading all about your Ju88 Nightfighter and was feeling the same!  Simply awesome

I'm like you, dont do competitions, just for my own enjoyment.

We must get together over a cuppa sometime

Cheers and thanks for the compliment buddy

Anthony

Wow. The deeper I get into CAD & CAM, the more I’ve come to see it as an alternative way to generate repeatable parts, to a professional or better level. 

Your build is showcasing the two extremes, done entirely by hand & eye/machine designed & fabricated. Each impressive in their own way. 

Fantastic Anthony, well done! :clap2:(now comes the hard part! Glad you have got the 3D print solution at hand, otherwise, I could envisage a grown man reduced to tears! lol :) ).

Onwards and upwards...

Derek