RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

Those vents are amazing!  Honestly, with that pic I shared, I’ll admit to being the ignorant American-I just saw a Spey powered Phantom and thought you needed to see it—don’t change a thing! The antenna on the tail is one of those unique things about this variant and you’re knocking it out of the park.

-Peter

10 hours ago, Derek B said:

Very impressive Anthony - they came out well! :thumbsup:

Derek

Thanks Derek, nice to have your approval!

9 hours ago, easixpedro said:

Those vents are amazing!  Honestly, with that pic I shared, I’ll admit to being the ignorant American-I just saw a Spey powered Phantom and thought you needed to see it—don’t change a thing! The antenna on the tail is one of those unique things about this variant and you’re knocking it out of the park.

-Peter

LOL....ok Peter, post pics of Grey ones in the future then to help keep me on track, preferably 43 Squadron:D

8 hours ago, jenshb said:

Those vents came out looking good!  It's an exercise in patience and perseverance, but it's paying off.

Sure is an exercise in patience and perseverance.....thank you!

I'm going to call it done on this section now, otherwise I will never finish it and I need to remember I am constantly looking at it under a magnifier

XHaCjR.jpg

Cheers for now chaps

Edited by Anthony in NZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 4:18 PM, chuck540z3 said:

Wow!  I haven't visited this thread for awhile, but those intake vents are the best I have ever seen anywhere, anytime, on a Phantom of any kind- and unique no less!  Sweet work Anthony.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck!  Appreciate the feedback!

On 2/21/2021 at 8:13 PM, Rockie Yarwood said:

Amazing work Anthony! Love following along. 

It is great having you along too, glad you are enjoying it!

On 2/22/2021 at 8:15 PM, Starfighter said:

It's an absolute pleasure to follow your progress, Anthony! 

Thank you sir!  Enjoying your Phantom as well!

On 2/22/2021 at 8:55 PM, jimbo59 said:

Very impressed 

Thanks!  Glad I will only ever do one Phantom LOL

On 2/22/2021 at 10:21 PM, crobinsonh said:

This is going to be a show stopped when finished.

Awww thanks, I just hope I dont  Stoppa before the Show :D

On 3/4/2021 at 5:32 AM, Chris Wimmer said:

Everytime I look in here I'm so fascinated by your attention to detail and accuracy. Keep up the good work, Anthony, your thread is a pleasure to follow  :clap2:

cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris, much appreciated coming from such a talented modeler such as yourself

Actually that last comment goes for you all...thank you!

Last few weeks have been slow to say the least.  I have been so busy working on the house inside and outside, dug 9 trees out and my hands and arms ached so much I couldn't hold a scalpel blade still without shaking all over the place.

But this week I got back to the bench for a little while and did the left intake upper vents, was a bit shaky at first but I got there in the end.  I just have to shoot some Mr Surfacer on and do some fine tuning, but I think I did a better job second time around.  Time to turn my attention to the lower ones now.

Q0Q9qI.jpg

ExDT6j.jpg

CMg9VI.jpg

Slowly I am getting there

Thanks for your patience and long wait for this update

Cheers Anthony

2 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

But this week I got back to the bench for a little while and did the left intake upper vents, was a bit shaky at first but I got there in the end.  I just have to shoot some Mr Surfacer on and do some fine tuning, but I think I did a better job second time around.  Time to turn my attention to the lower ones now.

Practise makes perfect...fantastic work on those vents Anthony; hopefully, you'll be on the home run for them now (at least, when you start on the lower items, you can tell yourself that you are now over 50% of the way to completing them! :) ).

Derek