RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

22 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Go Anthony go!  :popcorn:

LOL, thanks Buddy, its great having you shouting from the sidelines!

7 hours ago, jimbo59 said:

those 3D printed exhausts have gotten my interest. They could make a huge difference on this project 

Yes they will make a big difference, Kerry is very talented and has made a number of masters for Roy Sutherland

Cheers Anthony

On 1/30/2021 at 7:23 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

Ugh...I think I have hit the wall with this conversion.  As you can see I have got half way through boxing in the second bleed air section and I cannot seem to find the energy to finish it :unsure:

vJmQNp.jpg

Some of my other projects are starting to look rather inviting right now....

Nothing that a few bottles of goood Scotch won't cure!  :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello  Anthony...

Well I am so pleased that you have gotten your vavoom back.

And of course WE are all rooting for you... taking a rest is good but now you are back..

:yahoo:

The  3 Dimensional exhausts are flawless  and I think your build has come along smoothly.

Keep it coming. you are doing an AMAZING  job on this conversion.

:clap2:  :bow:  :bow:

Thank you very much, I am working on her tonight, just stopped for a cuppa and some LSP inspiration before I get back to work before bed.  Thanks for your enthusiasm...I love it!

4 hours ago, amurray said:

Nothing that a few bottles of goood Scotch won't cure!  :thumbsup:

LOL...now you're talking! 

21 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thank you very much, I am working on her tonight, just stopped for a cuppa and some LSP inspiration before I get back to work before bed.  Thanks for your enthusiasm...I love it!

LOL...now you're talking! 

Not to put any undue pressure on you or anything but as this is one of my Top 5 Aircraft of All Time with the Fujimi 1/72 kit being one of my favorite KIT builds, building the Hasegawa 1/48 BLACK MIKE presently and considering fellow club member Dr. Frank Mitchell walked me through his original conversion years ago YOU MUST FINISH THIS PROJECT JUST FOR ME!!!  TO HECK WITH THE OTHER LSP VIEWERS!!!  DO IT FOR ME AND ME ALONE!!!  NOW!!!  :fight:

13 hours ago, amurray said:

Not to put any undue pressure on you or anything but as this is one of my Top 5 Aircraft of All Time with the Fujimi 1/72 kit being one of my favorite KIT builds, building the Hasegawa 1/48 BLACK MIKE presently and considering fellow club member Dr. Frank Mitchell walked me through his original conversion years ago YOU MUST FINISH THIS PROJECT JUST FOR ME!!!  TO HECK WITH THE OTHER LSP VIEWERS!!!  DO IT FOR ME AND ME ALONE!!!  NOW!!!  :fight:

LOL.....Ok I will do this just for you, and I will feel no undue pressure!:D

If you ever see @fmitche Dr Frank Mitchell please thank him for me on his pioneering work and inspiration for all of us wanting a Brit Phantom!

9 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Stalled due to the rear canopy issue:D Working on the Dambuster instead.

LOL, just letting you know I am waiting in the wings for your progress.  

Whilst I dont have a lot to show on the plastic front (although you will all be pleased to know the bleed Air sections are now all boxed up) I am just tidying them up ready for a shot of primer so I can do one more tidy up before the fins are added inside.

But I present to you Kerry's Can CAD update

Rw7Kfn.jpg

Cheers

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Small update, but a big milestone for me!

Fins going in finally.  Fitting each one individually seems to be the best/tidiest way to go About 120 off individual fins to go, then I can glue the intakes on!

JbLMhl.jpg

RIFwO9.jpg

Will be tedious but I think will all be worth it in the end

Cheers Anthony

14 minutes ago, easixpedro said:

Oh, that’s sublime! Seriously good work there—they’re parallel even. No way I could pull that off. I went for the banged up look on my Prowler vents (often that way on the real deal). Looking forward to more!

Peter

Well I am glad you like them, I wouldnt be so hard on yourself....that Prowler is divine!!