RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

43 minutes ago, Starfighter said:

Excellent work, Anthony! The sheer neatness of your work is always a joy to watch - I genuinely wish my work was half as neat as yours... I can't wait to see more of this! 

Thanks Ben!  But ummmmm, your work is the benchmark buddy.  I have learned a lot from seeing what you do.

3 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Nice work Anthony, now we can clearly see the bulk of the Spey modification on the underside.

Thanks Cees, yes the Spey engine really gives the Brit Phantom a much more beastie look doesn't it.

6 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thanks Cees, yes the Spey engine really gives the Brit Phantom a much more beastie look doesn't it.

I never realized how different this version was from the US-spec Phantoms.   I really like the look.  Great work Anthony, this is quite an informative build. 

Great work!   Ive long realized what a chore a FGR.2 / F-4K would be, and this is living up to it. Really and truly great to see this  conversion come to light in an actual build (even if not using everything) VS just trade/stash fodder at shows, going from one persons stash to another. 

Looking forward to more! 

7 hours ago, spyrosjzmichos said:

That's looking nice Anthony!

Cutting such a large section from the kit does make me feel nervous for sure... 

Yes mate, I feel like I have got the worst part over for now :ninja:

5 hours ago, John1 said:

I never realized how different this version was from the US-spec Phantoms.   I really like the look.  Great work Anthony, this is quite an informative build. 

Thanks John, yes there is quite a difference isnt there.  Glad your finding it informative.  Now, get back to your Mosquito please...loving your updates!

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great work!   Ive long realized what a chore a FGR.2 / F-4K would be, and this is living up to it. Really and truly great to see this  conversion come to light in an actual build (even if not using everything) VS just trade/stash fodder at shows, going from one persons stash to another. 

Looking forward to more! 

Thanks Brian, yes a little frustrating there is no other builds on the net using this conversion.  I just have to find my feet as I go. I am sure it will be worth all the hard work in the end

3 hours ago, AlbertD said:

I bet your glad that part is over. Is that the bulk of the conversion?

Yes Albert, glad that bit is over, that was the part I was dreading the most.  Although now I think I might go back to the upper fuse and work on the panel lines again in prep for the new intake set I have ordered and start prepping the fuse for the wider intake mods

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your looking in.  Glad you are all finding it as enjoyable as I am.

Cheers Anthony

Hey Anthony,   

Super clean mega modification going going on here.  A pure Kiwi I can do anything attitude.  Well done Sir.   Way out of my wheel house but following this Phantom build with enjoyment.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  

12 hours ago, John1 said:

By the way, maybe I missed it but what’s your plan for paint scheme / markings?

I am not 100% sure just yet.  But am leaning towards a black finned or red finned...actually the White Port Stanley one is pretty nice.... Still undecided LOL

5 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Hey Anthony,   

Super clean mega modification going going on here.  A pure Kiwi I can do anything attitude.  Well done Sir.   Way out of my wheel house but following this Phantom build with enjoyment.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  

Thank you Sir, I think you are too kind...but I'll take it.  That attitude also gets us into trouble at times too :help:  I am really pleased more than anything that you are enjoying this as much as me!

Thanks chaps, means a lot.  Just planning my next move