RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

2 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Why so difficult Anthony,  it is easier to stitch a Tamiya and Revell kit together:D

LOL, I know mate...I think you just might be onto something there!  Cant believe the back end of the Revell Kit lends itself to a Spey engine conversion!

Thought I better check in, not a lot of progress this week as working on fitting stringers to my Auster T.7

Several of the panel lines repositioned, a few added.  A couple are a little scruffy, but nothing that cant be fixed.  All the corrected panel lines are practically done on the fuse top and left side now. Fasteners need to be added to the removable panels, started some riveting etc.

sEFTVo.jpg

Cheers

Anthony

21 hours ago, jenshb said:

Looking very crisp and clean.

Thank you very much, appreciate the feedback...

12 hours ago, Marcel111 said:

Very crisp panel line work... super tough going but beautiful result.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel, I think next time if I was to do it I would use the whole plastic  Tamiya fuselage and insert the section forward of the burner cans, but I dont have another conversion and I have already cut the nose off the one I have LOL

3 hours ago, blackbetty said:

how did i miss this? love your work!

Thank you sir!  I am not sure how you missed it either, I thought everyone would be sick of it popping up to the top of the 'WIP' section!

I want to make a big shout out to Rick (Spooky56) for being a champion and supplying me with another part J25 (refueling probe insert)...I just glued it in as there was no way it was coming out of the resin cockpit section!

Thanks buddy

Anthony

23 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

I thought everyone would be sick of it popping up to the top of the 'WIP' section!

Never!! And perish that thought.

Until we see a new IM Brit toom (not holding my breath), you are the only game in town. On top of all that, your skill is a joy to behold.

I need a Wild Hare fix. Any updates? I know a lot of what you are doing now is very labor intensive without much to see. Of course you probably have a life beyond modeling too. I tend to forget that sometimes being retired and able to work on my kits any time I want.