RAF FG.1 XV571 WILD HARE Phantom Conversion

Anthony in NZ

7 hours ago, jumpjack said:

FWIW, I did some very similar butchery to my Revell 1/48 FGR to eliminate the fuselage/wing joint issues.

Yeah, sometimes I think that making a call to cut stuff up is not as scary as you think, planning is the key

6 hours ago, Spooky56 said:

Ant, from your photos I'm leaning more towards surgery than butchery for that effort, a gutsy move  :bow:

Rick

Thanks Rick....my wife asked me what on earth I was doing to my fancy new conversion.  I said 'I dont know' LOL

Thanks for your encouragement guys, means a lot and is spurring me along to get this 'right' or as best as I can

Cheers Anthony

5 hours ago, vvwse4 said:

Sharp work!!! Hardly a seam visible great show!!!

Thanks very much, I think the key is to plan and to take your time, thanks again!

1 hour ago, Tony T said:

Amazing

Tony 

Ta, lets hope the belly section will go as smoothly...

Cheers guys, appreciate all the feedback. I am on a roll and cant stop....

10 hours ago, AlbertD said:

You sure do some nice work.

Thanks very much, it's inspired by other LSP'ers!

2 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Absolutely brilliant, mate! 

Thanks Ben, that means a great deal coming from you

2 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Nice surgery Anthony,

Keep it up as you surely feed my motivation to continue on my scratch conversion (just relocated the lower bleed doors).

Cees

Pleased to hear it Cees, looking forward to seeing some pics sometime!

Thanks gents appreciate all your feedback and suggestions...lets see what the weekend brings aye?

Quick update:

blocked down the join and gave it a 'Chuck Wash' little bit of missing panel lines and fasteners to add.  Also note the lamp has been filled with plastic rod and the small antenna behind it removed.  Depending on the airframe modelled there was either no antenna here, or a much larger square one.

The cover panel has been fitted behind that on the spine has also been shimmed for a better fit and superglued in.  Few more rivets to restore etc.

Ecpa1P.jpg

Derek, there appears to be another lamp on the spine and although Iain has sent me a pic of it, I am unsure where it is located.

Thanks also to Spooky56  (Rick) for your help with parts and info, I owe you one buddy!

Cheers Anthony

Sorry, not a lot to report for the many hours spent working on the surface details. This has taken longer than expected, mostly trying to even the panel line depths and correct their positions etc.  Only 2 more access panels to scribe on the fuselage just behind the intake opening.  Then correct the panel lines on the lower half of the fuse between the intake opening and going back to the midway point on the fuselage, then the nose....phew

uhVVcS.jpg