Trumpeter F-100F out

Tony T

• 4 weeks later...

Parts are on show...

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=3575&l=en

You'll still need a new inlet, tank extensions and need to check the canopy hood profile but looks tasty!

Tony 

Link activation edit

Edited by Tony T
as stated

23 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Wondering if they'll stop with the TBD and F-100C or if December's 2021-2022 catalgue will add anything new in 1/32. 

Would be nice to see the missing subjects in the Century Series line-up, especially the Voodoo, Deuce and Six. 

Tony 

Oh yes, I'd love to see a -102, and a Voodoo would also be nice.

On the wing thickness I really would not worry. I have just finished wrestling a Mono F-100 I to submission and comparing it with the Trumpy Hun I cannot tell the difference. The deployed slats, tanks etc obscure the lack of thickness.

I too had thoughts of performing surgery but not worth the effort in my opinion

Edited by scimitarf1

3 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Oh my yes, a  SIX! Would be most welcome

Not real sure why, but I've never been a big fan of the -106, not nearly as much as the -102 anyway. And speaking of the Voodoo, there's a pretty nice one not too far from here (minus engines, of course), a gate guard of sorts, at the Spirit of Saint Louis airport. This is still quite visible on Google satellite maps too. I seem to recall that for the longest time they also had an F-4 (or some other Mac product), but I just noticed a couple of months back that it's gone now.

10 minutes ago, scimitarf1 said:

On the wing thickness I really would not worry. I have just finished wrestling a Mono F-100 I to submission and comparing it with the Trumpy Hun I cannot tell the difference. The deployed slats, tanks etc obscure the lack of thickness.

I took had thoughts of performing surgery but not worth the effort in my opinion

The Monogram series always were good kits, at least in my opinion. I've considered the Trumpeter kit in 1:48 scale, but have not really looked into that enough to determine if purchasing it is worthwhile or not.

1 hour ago, scimitarf1 said:

I too had thoughts of performing surgery but not worth the effort in my opinion

Thanks for that.

The common parts look identical to the earlier D releases so I'll get a new nose scoop but as Renaissance no longer make the drop tank plugs — they just told me so in an email — that means buying Zacto or AMS parts from across the pond. Is Harold still selling the nose scoop and tank plugs (or whole new fuel tank front ends) set? I couldn't see any at Sprue Brothers.

Tony