Wingnut Wings - Large shipment and Meng

Peter Browne

17 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I do not know if we should cry or laugh when I'm thinking of the guys who paid stupidly hefty sums for such kits after epic ebay battles some weeks ago... 

Hold that thought for a year or two, it's just the beginning of the end. 

Right now the last stock is coming out in spasms, soon enough the warehouses will be empty. It is certainly not the time to go nuts on eBay but soon enough there will only be a resale market. 

Edited by Basta

16 hours ago, Radub said:

WNW kits are not "rare", they were made by the thousands. The only "rarities" are test shots. If you got a "test shot 1" (TS1) of any kit, then you have a valuable item on your hands. TS1 always contain errors, then the moulds are modified. So, a TS1 with "errors" is a unique, never to be repeated "upside-down Jenny". You got a WNW TS1? Name your price. You got an off-the shelf WNW kit? So have thousands of others.

Radu

I have to agree with Radu: I’ve looked eBay just now and I’m seeing some dreamers putting kits up at silly money but nobody is biting. Generally the ones at roughly MSRP appear to be the ones that are being sold. The only ones generally that appear to be going for somewhat elevated prices are the ‘name pilot’ editions.

When I was born my Dad had me circumcised and after that inoculated against any WW1 model kits in any scale. I have to say that the vaccine has worked extremely well as in more than 70 years I have never felt the need to purchase anything from WW1. All this WNW's talk has no effect on me at all. However like a lot of others I lament the fact that Peter Jackson never turned the gifted WNW team to working on aircraft from WW2 on.

TRF

10 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

P.T. Barnum said it best:  there’s one born every minute.

In a year or two when the entire WnW lineup shows up in Academy boxes for 1/3 of the WnW price I’m going to be falling off the chair laughing.

You probably know as much as I do in this regard which is damn little, my bet is though a lot of the WNW kits won’t be seen for a long time.  There are certain kits that could run a as long as their are modelers.  However they did a bunch of kits that I think most companies won’t be interested in offering or boxing.   I do think most will come back someday.  I am not convinced that they will come back in academy or someone else’s box.  I am inclianed to believe most are under peter Jackson’s a control and will come back under his terms.  We shall see though.  I believe the meng dr.i to be the exception not the rule right now.  Only time will tell.  

keep in mind this is just USA

Andy's Hobby whateveritis stash has little or no bearing on prices in Europe

shipping and customs charges take anything US pretty much out of the game

8 hours ago, fastterry said:

...All this WNW's talk has no effect on me at all. However like a lot of others I lament the fact that Peter Jackson never turned the gifted WNW team to working on aircraft from WW2 on.

TRF

Same here. All the frenzy was like watching a load of girls going mad buying lipstick when they heard Max Factor were discontinuing five colours. 

I wish Peter Jackson had turned the gifted WnW team to working on Cold War icons. Imagine a WnW Lightning, Sea Vixen and Super Mystère, or those late 'thirties trainers like the Airspeed Oxford. Instead of the Felixstowe, a Boeing Clipper. 

Alas, we will never know.

Tony 

I tend to agree Tony except the Felixstowe is my favorite WWI aircraft.  I imagined a Curtiss Jenny and a Avro Anson.  A BAC Lighting with a clear fuselage would have been glorious.  Brings  a tear to me eyes mate.  I cursed the Lancaster from the start. All water under the keel. 

Rick

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I tend to agree Tony except the Felixstowe is my favorite WWI aircraft.  I imagined a Curtiss Jenny and a Avro Anson.  A BAC Lighting with a clear fuselage would have been glorious.  Brings  a tear to me eyes mate.  I cursed the Lancaster from the start. All water under the keel. 

Rick

Agreed on the Felixstowe Rick. Did any of us imagine that we would see an injection moulded 1/32 Felixstowe in our lifetimes? I cannot imagine we did. So, I am just glad I was able to obtain the WWI aircraft I was interested in while WNW lasted. But, on the bright side Copper State Aviattic et al may not have gone into this market if not for WNW. I'm sad they are gone but glad they were here for a time.   As for what WNW could have done with aircraft of other eras......We can but dream what might have been (and I'm dreaming of a definitive WNW Spitfire Mk1a, Lightning F.6 and  DC-3) :o

Sour grapes is what I'm hearing. WNW set the bar for 1/32 planes. So, guys are trying to get the WWI kits they want  before they are gone for an indeterminate time. Too bad so sad WNW does only WWI.