Wingnut Wings - Large shipment and Meng

Peter Browne

I came across this YouTube about https://andyshhq.com/ having just received a large shipment of Wingnut Wings kits ordered before the closure.  The video is from 28 July 2020...  Sale starts 30 July....

Now I have read snippets on that YouTube posting and on the Meng Facebook page and elsewhere that Meng may have acquired the Fokker Dr.1 tooling from Wingnuts. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MENG-195290177250981/posts/

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/06/preview-meng-takes-mantle-with-new.html

I gather this is now old news since mid June :unsure:  Anything about the WW Lancaster??

Edited by Peter Browne

6 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I do not know if we should cry or laugh when I'm thinking of the guys who paid stupidly hefty sums for such kits after epic ebay battles some weeks ago... 

WNW kits are not "rare", they were made by the thousands. The only "rarities" are test shots. If you got a "test shot 1" (TS1) of any kit, then you have a valuable item on your hands. TS1 always contain errors, then the moulds are modified. So, a TS1 with "errors" is a unique, never to be repeated "upside-down Jenny". You got a WNW TS1? Name your price. You got an off-the shelf WNW kit? So have thousands of others.

Radu

8 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

The man in the video has a large stash of kits but not that large compared to all that have been sold.  We will see what his prices are

I have not had time to watch video.  That is Andy from Andy’s HHQ, he is a retailer, that is not his stash.  Those are either for sale in his physical store or his online store.  Personally I have been waiting for him or Sprue Brothers to get them in stock again as we know kits have been shipping to retailers in recent weeks.  A

Looks like a big “stash”, sorry.  News to me that kits have been shipping to retailers. So much in the e-space about WNW and gone for good.   I guess that makes sense some kits are showing up as retailers order months in advance and the shipping pipeline can be a long one.  

4 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

The man in the video has a large stash of kits but not that large compared to all that have been sold.  We will see what his prices are

He has mentioned the prices will be normal MSRP.

He has approximately 300 kits at his brick and mortar store in AZ and another 300 coming to his online retail operation in Portland, OR.

Those are the kits that become available on Friday.

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I do not know if we should cry or laugh when I'm thinking of the guys who paid stupidly hefty sums for such kits after epic ebay battles some weeks ago... 

Andy is only selling a small selection of currently produced kits from WNW.

Many of the kits at the WNW website will not be sold through AHHQ on Friday, including, for example, the Gotha G.IV, which has been going for high prices on Ebay.

59 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Looks like a big “stash”, sorry.  News to me that kits have been shipping to retailers. So much in the e-space about WNW and gone for good.   I guess that makes sense some kits are showing up as retailers order months in advance and the shipping pipeline can be a long one.  

WNW is gone for good.

This was not ordered prior to the shut down.  This was acquired post WNW going out of business, from the regional supplier in HK.  It's similar to the batch MBK has had for a while now, as AHHQ and MBK are related entities.

The understanding of this entire situation is horribly understood at this forum, and yet folks here post as though they actually know what's going on.

An excellent example of the Dunning Krueger effect in action! 

8 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Yep, put a spare D.VII Alb sprue up for auction and went for £120 for a single sprue, absolutely nuts!!

Regards. Andy