Sign in to follow this  
lawman56

Ironic

I just recently realized the irony that one of the few aircraft I've never built, is that of my profile picture, Don Gentile. Although I could easily blame it on waiting for the "perfect" P-51B to be produced, there's enough aftermarket PE & resin that I could use the Trumpy kit and make a very good diorama. Of course there would always be the rivet counters who would point out the inaccuracies, (ever notice a majority of them have never built or finished the subject they're "experts" on?), but in my 53 years I've learned to differentiate between constructive comments and those who require me to demonstrate my sarcasm super powers.

Am I the only one, or are there others who have yet to build, or complete, a favorite subject that is available?

Yes.

My beloved (also from my avatar) sits upside down in her cradle, and I pass by her whenever I'm working in my workshop............

She remains unfinished, simply due to the nature of the kit itself. But having got back some MoJo, I'm hoping to get to her after I finish my current project!

Yep, I have most of the kits available of the Grumman Widgeon and the Beechcraft Staggerwing, but haven't built any of them. 

No idea why or what I'm waiting for, but they never seem to make their way to the top of the build pile

Denzil.

I was born at the height of the Suez crisis, and I've always had a liking for the black and yellow striped look; but I've never built anything in those markings, even though the possibilities cover the Hunter, the Seahawk, and one or two other favourites of mine.

If we go on avatar I have the WNW Gotha G-1 in the stash :lol:

Fav aircraft... not sure, but I guess the 109 in its many variants, and I think that's what makes it. With so many types and schemes you'll never get stuck.

Thanks for the rivet counter comment. Sums up my feelings too :D