1:32 scale Ansaldo 'Baby'

sandbagger

I know it's just me, because everyone else is seeing them, but for the pictures I just get a tiny greenish square with a .jpg note next to it. Am using an android phone, and pics in all the other threads are fine. Any idea's as to why? This has just started with this build, as I could see Mikes other builds ok. I hate to be missing this one. Regards, Pete in RI

On 8/28/2020 at 1:28 PM, europapete said:

I know it's just me, because everyone else is seeing them, but for the pictures I just get a tiny greenish square with a .jpg note next to it. Am using an android phone, and pics in all the other threads are fine. Any idea's as to why? This has just started with this build, as I could see Mikes other builds ok. I hate to be missing this one. Regards, Pete in RI

I use an Andriod mobile and the shots show OK?

Maybe it's a photo/image permissions setting on your mobile that's needs adjusting.

Do other thread photo's show OK or is it that all shots in all threads are not showing?

Mike

Edited by sandbagger

hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Just yours unfortunately, the other threads are fine. It's only this phone too, I looked on our main computor yesterday and the photos showed just fine. Fantastic build, btw. I have some of the Aviattic fabric weave in stock, will have to try it. 

Edited by europapete
additional comment

23 hours ago, europapete said:

hi Mike, thanks for the reply. Just yours unfortunately, the other threads are fine. It's only this phone too, I looked on our main computor yesterday and the photos showed just fine. Fantastic build, btw. I have some of the Aviattic fabric weave in stock, will have to try it. 

Weird??

As you can see images in other threads it would indicate that it's not an image permission or type of web browser setting on your mobile.

Have you tried images on other threads from me - for example maybe search for my Macchi M.5 build thread in 'Work in Progress' or the 'Ready for Inspection'.

Mike

Edited by sandbagger

Hi all,
I'm working on preparing the wings for the linen decals etc.
This is the upper wing (top surface).
First primed white then masked for the wing ribs and front and rear spars.
Airbrushed with 'Tamiya' Smoke (X19).
Then the outer five wing rib areas airbrushed to represent the Italian red and green under wing colours 'ghosting' through.
Finally airbrushed with 'Tamiya' XF78 and XF57 to give the base colour for the linen effect decals.
I lightly polished across the wing to smooth the surface and to highlight the wing ribs.

Next is to gloss coat the surface then cut and apply the linen effect decals and roundels before a touch of weathering is applied,

Mike

preshade7.jpg 

preshade8.jpg  

preshade9.jpg   

Hi all,
Upper wing top surface finished off.
Gloss coated then 'Aviattic' linen effect decals applied, using paper templates to create the shapes.
'Flory Models' Dark Dirt and Grime clay washes applied.
Smoke oil paint applied behind the location holes for the lifting points and aileron control wire guides.
Roundel wing ribs slightly polished to highlight them,

Mike

wing1.jpg 

Hi all,
Working on the undersides of the wings.
As the undersides would show the wing ribs ans spars as darker shadows, due to daylight from above the wings, the pre-shading is darker.
The wings were primed with white, as before and then pre-shading was airbrushed between masking for the spars and free hand for the wing ribs (thinned 'Tamiya' Flat Earth (XF52).  
 Then over sprayed lightly with thinned ‘Tamiya’ Wood Deck Tan (XF78) mixed with Buff (XF57) to 2:1 ration.
Outer right wing outer sections were airbrushed with ‘Tamiya’ Green (X5} mixed with approximately 15% of ‘Tamiya’ Grey Green (XF76).
The left wing outer sections 'Tamiya' Red (XF7).

Next is to gloss coat, apply the 'Aviattic' linen effect decals and weather,

Mike

wing3.jpg 

Hi all,
While I'm waiting for decals I thought I'd work on the pilot.
As this model is a float plane I thought I'd use the ‘Kellerkind’ Gotha bomber pilot (54095), as he is inflating his life jacket.
Painted with 'AK Interactive' and 'Tamiya' acrylics.
Dirt weathering is thinned 'AK Interactive' Kerosene (AK3029).

Mike  

figdone1.jpg

figdone2.jpg 

figdone3.jpg 

figdone4.jpg  

Hi all,
The main and tail floats had wood panels nailed to the internal structure.
Inside each float were canvass ’bulk heads to separate the float compartments.
Each of the three compartments in the  main floats were accessed through a circular cover on the top surface of the floats.
At the front and rear edges of the main floats were reinforced with Spruce end caps.
Across each main float were recesses to locate the float cross beams and these recesses were covered with panels.

These details are not reproduced on the kit supplied floats.

The floats panel and nailing lines were created with a scriber and a 'Rosie the Riveter'.
Base coated with  'Tamiya Dark Yellow (XF60) then overcoated with 'DecoArt' Burnt Umber.
The edge beading was created by lightly sanding through the Burnt Umber to reveal the base colour.
Sealed with 'Alclad' Light Sheen (ALC311) mixed with 'Tamiya' Clear Yellow (X24).
Photo-etch access panels and strut plates black based then oversprayed woth 'Alclad' Steel.
Weathered using 'Flory Models' Dark Dirt wash then final seal with ALC311.

Mike.

floats4.jpg