1/24 BF 109G-6/AS "Yellow 15"

Nachtjaeger

On 7/31/2020 at 10:49 PM, hoppie said:

The only thing I could find was this thread on another forum:

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?p=257331&styleid=4

It says that there is a photo of 163 796 on page 969 of JG 1 and 11, Teil2 by Prien/Rodeike. Sadly I don't have that book, but maybe it helps you.

Thank you. I ordered a book on the 109 by these 2 authors that I found on Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I have gotten the parts I need to continue this build correctly. As it was pointed out by some fellow members on here about my build. I have a BF109 G-6 Late. The topic of my build is a BF109 G-6/AS. My late G-6 kit has the "Bueles" and the "Yellow 15" I want to depict is a BF109 G-6/AS Late without the cowling bulges and the smooth cowlings. According to the some of the books I have been reading on these aircraft this particular W.nr 163 796 was a BF109 G-6/AS with the bigger supercharger, deeper oil cooler, Erla Haube canopy, and taller tail. 

50230804861_c7bc006189_b.jpg

This,  among a few other BF109  books I own been a very good source of information and great knowledge on these aircraft. SOOOO many variations and field modifications and factory and field retrofitting of parts on some of these planes was truly a confusing and challenging undertaking.

50230831156_f2299e050a_m.jpg