Sign in to follow this  
Juggernut

Vegas Baby, Yeah....2021. IPMS US Nationals

Just got my reservation for the 2021 US Nationals in Las Vegas...YEAH BABY, YEAH (Best Austin Powers voice).  What are we LSP peeps bringing/wearing to set us apart from the regular horde?  This is the first IPMS Nationals I've been to since 1996!   I'm bringing the Mrs but she'll probably be occupied with the one-arm bandits most of the time (I refer to them as amputee-bandits since they mostly operate by pushbuttons now and don't take coins).  I'll also be doing a bit of gambling as what's the point of going to Vegas if you're not going to at least TRY your luck?

Since I'll be flying in from the eastern US, i probably will only be able to bring one model with me (if any at all).  There's a LOT of night clubs, bars and shows at the Rio alone!  Fun, fun, fun....I just hope I don't get too "jovial" :beer4: and get lost and wake up someplace on a Las Vegas Blvd (aka "the strip") pedestrian bridge...that would be bad :oops:

I hope this plague has subsided by then, at least for the most part... I just had to cancel a Caribbean Cruise because of crony-virus, I hope I won't have to cancel the Vegas trip for any reasons!

Is there a plan to meet up/get together in the works?  I'm thinking of have a t-shirt (or three) made so I can stand out in the crowd (as it were).  Any thoughts?

Ah the good ole days.. clubs bars and shows.  I am planning to go.  The airlines have to show me they are playing the virus game correctly and that the virus is not playing them. It is a long flight from Michigan. If I go then one or two models will be coming with me. 

10 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

Ah the good ole days.. clubs bars and shows.  I am planning to go.  The airlines have to show me they are playing the virus game correctly and that the virus is not playing them. It is a long flight from Michigan. If I go then one or two models will be coming with me. 

LOL..... my connecting flight is in Detroit (or it will be when I’m able to book it).  I’m coming from PA.

Way too far for me, I'm afraid. The best shot I have at competing in a national (which I'd really like to do), is Omaha in 2022, for which I hope to have four or five entries for different categories.

On 7/29/2020 at 3:13 PM, phantom said:

Brian,

you might want to make your hotel reservations if you can ASAP as rooms are extremely limited if not already sold out.

Yeah, talked to some guys from my IPMS club, and really glad I did, as they also were getting their reservations in for the extra block of 400+ rooms that IPMS allotted at the Rio. I've been to Vegas several times, but not in years so this will be an adventure....................but I'm a heathen at heart so might have to check myself a bit there and not go overboard!  :lol:

I've got my room booked now, and that's pretty much it. I haven't even told the wife yet!

Ill look into flights from Omaha to Vegas and back, but I've got some time on that, so hopefully will get me some time to find a stellar deal on flights.