Bandai ShoreTrooper 1/12

Neo

Hi Guys

just finished my latest 1/12 Bandai kit the Shore Trooper. 

I recently built K2S0 and Immediately started going on a buying spreed because they are so fun to build and harder and harder to find, especially the rogue one

I went for a somewhat weathered look, then i really wanted him to be on sand so i used grass(fine turf) from a woodland grass kit and i found it looks spot on

I painted the kit with Badger paints(earth & roof brown) as i had the exact match, the color was so close that it was a real PITA to airbrush since i could not see where i had painted and not! 

then i applied the water slide decals and used random tamiya weathering products 

Hope you like it

JYFhrAE.jpg

LZ2UH2u.jpg

d8ekKFo.jpg

SgQomPc.jpg

7 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

That is really sweet, Neo!

So it was pre-painted so you embellished and weathered it?

Thanks Ray.

So all the Bandai figures are color casted in 3 colors, black , sand and brown. 

Once assembled (snap tite but i still use some extra thin in some places) i completely repainted it, dacaled and weathered

Cheers

Ever since 1977, when Star Wars was released and I first saw it, (I was 10), I've always had a historical "soft spot" in my heart for George Lucas' portrayal of the Empire's bad guys. The parallels to the 3rd Reich are fascinating to me. From the name "Stormtrooper" to the organization to the weaponry. The MP40 like ammo pouches on your figure reminded me.

And, yes, even at 10 I had a good working knowledge of the dynamics involved in WWII. I was an odd child...:P

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 12:25 PM, ringleheim said:

Looking good!  I made this guy as well.

These Bandai 1/12 figure kits are a lot of fun.

Nice job!

Thanks. They are really enjoyable builds.

I just managed to get my hands on cot phasma. Csnt waitvto build that one