Hobby Boss 1:18 Scale UH-1B Huey

Rick Griewski

Another model in the “interesting” scale.  This will be an impressive model on the display shelf. A detail person’s heaven. The kit will be all about the quality and fit of the clear parts.  I know at least one man that spent combat time in one. I may pick one up.  The kit would be a whole new adventure in model building for me.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2020/07/preview-four-polar-opposite-kits-from.html?m=1

Edited by Rick Griewski
Added link

1 hour ago, chrish said:

I don’t think it’s just the instrument panel...

Another kit if your one that likes a good challenge! 

Lots of 'scratching' on this one but I might have a go if the budget can go to it! :rolleyes: 

these are the ex-21st Century Toys prebuilts/prepainted that were sold in Wal-Mart and Toys r Us about 15 years ago. For about $30-40 for a huge prebuilt model. These are mostly screwed together. No they are not Tamiya quality and are not superdetailed and were not made to be, they were "made to a price point" set by Wal-Mart and other retailers, they were somewhat simplistic in details but most of the later ones  like the 262 and Fw190 had good overall proportions. These are a good basis for superdetailing if you so choose, or just bang them together for one heck of a large display. I have the prebuilt Huey and it is a huge beast. There are several modellers on here who have taken the prebuilts and redone them to high detail, check the build section.

21st went belly-up years ago so some Chinese firm such as HobbyBoss has repopped the parts to sell as a kit. Just like the 262 and the Fw190 and the SBD and the Harrier.

40 Mike-Mike chunker up front with the Ride of the Valkyries ringing in my head.  This would be hours of fun to work on this 33 inch beast.   

I loved flying this bird in the Guard and the AH-1’s.  The OH-58’s were also a lot of fun to buzz around in.   

Oh boy i wand Oliver the chopper master to tacle this!! 

Tbh i would love a good 1/35 huey was disappointed when KH decided to release theirs in 1/48

But if there was a tin of AM i would build one. Im not a really good scratch builder

Edited by Neo