Are you sentimental with your building tools/equipment?

Stokey Pete

I wouldn't say I was sentimental about tools, but I do tend to hang on to old ones "because they may still come in useful".  This is also the reason I have a large box of assorted used screws and various other bits and pieces in the garage.

35 minutes ago, MikeC said:

I wouldn't say I was sentimental about tools, but I do tend to hang on to old ones "because they may still come in useful".  This is also the reason I have a large box of assorted used screws and various other bits and pieces in the garage.

......and they nearly always do Mike! :D

Riding my bike by a neighbors place Weeks ago I noticed brass musical instruments sticking out of the ground in a flower garden...odd but beautiful arrangement. A few days ago he and his wife were “puttering” (their hobby) in the flower garden, I stopped and inquired about the brass arrangement. They said the instruments were from when the kids were little and in bands, they had great sentimental value but no other real value so they kept them and used them to add some visual interest in the garden...great idea I thought. if just for the decoration.
But for me, I have no sentimental holdings to old tools, when they don’t do what they were designed to do they go in the trash with no ceremony...cars, models, tools....I love to clean up old unused useless cr*p...items.

19 hours ago, ssculptor said:

I have tools that I used in 1942 to build models and I have been adding to the tool bin (room? rooms? building? etc.) ever since. One can never have enough tools.

Once about 20 years ago I started sorting all my tools and I found I had 10 claw hammers. I asked my wife what to do with so many of the same tool and she suggested I put one in each room.So now we have a claw hammer in each room of the house. 

Obviously I married the right woman so many decades ago.

:punk:

1942?? damn bro!  How old are you?  :bow:

hope I have your stamina to even post at that ripe young age!  Here’s to you!!  :beer4:

Oddly enouph this happens to me allot. 

Also ironicaly i have a bad tendency of going back to old general tools and forget i have this awesome one for what im doing right not and give myself move work and worst result.

Ive move my new shiny stuff to a visual spot on my bench to remember to use it!!

I still have the tools dad gave me. He didn't have a lot of stuff but the files come in handy. I still have tins of old Humbrol paint that he used, they are older than me!