Tamiya 1/32 F-16A OCU 'Fighting Falcon' Three-tone Grey Aggressor

dsahling1

So I haven't posted anything new for quite a while, but believe me I have complete several projects and have some big ones in progress, and even more I'm gathering aftermarket for (Don't tell my wife :-).  This is the Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ, which is a great kit on its own but I decided to backdate into an F-16A OCU for the USN/USMC.  I used the True Details 1/32 F-16A cockpit (it required a lot of sanding, trimming, and swearing to get it to fit, but it now fits like a glove and I can even close the canopy with no problems), GT Resin 1/32 NSI inlet, a generous gift of the Tamiya 1/32 F-16C Thunderbirds landing gear parts, non-bulged main gear bay doors, and early-model 'thin' wingtip launch rails from GT Resin as well, really nice fellow, I highly recommend any of his stuff, KASL F-16A tail with the parachute housing removed and kit parts grafted (I later found out it wasn't completely accurate after it was done, but its really hard to tell), GT Resin PW exhaust, lots of scratch building antennas, deleting/adding certain details to make it into an F-16A OCU, like only 2 prongs on the inboard leading edge slats, redoing panel lines on the rear fuselage, etc., Two Bobs F-16 Aggressor Decals.

I hope you enjoy checking out the photos, I've got a big WIP diorama of "PROJEKT FLANKER," Kilp Yavr Russian Air Base with (3) highly modified and detailed Su-27s, (1) Mi-8 Hip, and various ground vehicles, equipment, tarmac, and a small amount of terrain thats been underway and I'm hoping to start the WIP this weekend.  I need to take photos of the Tamiya 1/32 F-15C Eagle of the California Air National Guard which used Chuck Sawyers build for reference and is very similar but with some more rivet detail and weapons on it.  I need to upload photos of the Trumpeter 1/32 F-105D 'Thunderchief' "Cherry Girl" (wait until you see the nose art :-) I finished.  I have a 1/32 A-1H Skyraider in white primer, almost ready to paint up on a rainy day, as the plane Dieter Dengler flew in the Vietnam War.  Also lurking on the distant horizon is a 1/32 A-6E Intruder (HEAVILY weathered CAG bird from the Gulf War), Academy 1/32 F-16B 'Fighting Falcon' in IDF markings, inspired from 'Iron Eagle,' and a 1/32 A-10C Thunderbolt II of the 163rd FS/122nd FW in Ft. Wayne the 'Blacksnakes'.

FjEpV9.jpgfb6AAv.jpgTBGuZX.jpg5nzQpg.jpgWIXCB4.jpguvUOjL.jpgQyaOwM.jpgBhwWGN.jpg252Nf7.jpga1XTWN.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I really wish someone would release an 'A' model conversion set, or maybe one day Tamiya will create a 'B' or more likely 'D' version.  It seems like they designed the 1/32 F-16CJ at least with the possibility of a two-seater version one day happening.  This was one of my first highly detailed builds I did and I must say I really enjoyed it.  So much so that now most of my builds start out fairly basic, but then I start thinking about aftermarket and things just get more complicated, but it certainly does pay off in the end.

5 hours ago, CZPetrP said:

Great job on upgrading to an older version. Very nice F-16. 

Are those GT resin kits good? I have no good experience with GT Resin ...
Thank you.
Petr

I've always liked GT Resin, and have had good experiences with most of their stuff. I do see where you're coming from though, I have had some pieces that required a fair amount of modification and improvements to fit right and look good, but he was kind enough to send me those parts and has always been good with customer service.  One of the sets that required a fair amount of work to fit right were the 1/32 F-105 detail items, but its pretty much the only game in town so....speaking of which I need to take photos of my 1/32 F-15C and 1/32 F-105D soon too.