New HKM 1/32 Ju-52?? Is this real???

Mustang JBB

4 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Who does this vac? Is it still being made?

It was a Schmidt Modelbau(?) kit. Loooong OOP. I have one in the stash, too. It looks pretty nice for a vac, but corrugations are pretty much just raised lines. I do have a float conversion for the 1/48th Monogram kit, probably the one I will finish first.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Tnarg said:

What's not to like about a Ju52 minesweeper with that huge antenna to set off magnetic mines?

And there are more than one fascinating Ju52 floatplane airliners.

Add to that the crazy dustbin gun placement on a Spanish Civil War Ju52.

Who could ever decide which one to build?

Tnarg

Build them all.

On 7/25/2020 at 7:08 AM, ssculptor said:

I still have a ju52 1/72 kit with floats in the stash. I cannot discard any float model, kit or built.:wub:

All aircraft wearing clown shoes are Ultra Cool as far as I am concerned. None can be discarded. 

• 2 weeks later...

I too would love to see a Tante Ju in 1/32nd but god knows where I'd put it. Floats, for sure, skis maybe, for a Stalingrad bird. ( have to check photos on that. Not sure they were actually  on skis) Paint schemes? North Africa, or Eastern front. Norway, would have to find some good  photos. That said, I think I've pretty much come to the end of my buying kits. Since all the COVID stuff started I've been spending money like a drunken sailor. I have the HK Dambuster Lanc and the DO-335A in transit now, bought the Special Hobbies T-2 Buckeye, and the P-39Q. About a grand worth of PE. Tamiya's wonderful Mosquito FB.VI. All sorts of other stuff. The oddest one would be the Lemkit resin Yak 25M. So the idea of spending what i figure a Ju-52 will cost, is mind boggling. If the 32nd Catalina is a grand or more, I expect the Ju would be in the same league.

On 7/29/2020 at 6:46 AM, Archimedes said:

Back to the drawing board then (quite literally)! Thanks for the clarity Jennings. 

Not quite ... 

HKM DOES have one in development (unless the project has been canned!!) ... Even if the supplied artwork doesn't originate from them ...

I think this photo originates from the Telford stand at sometime in the past ...

uB9qRJS.jpg

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

On 28 July 2020 at 9:37 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Directly from Neil Yan: NO. This is not HKM.

No, those therefore do not originate with HKM, but that doesn't rule out HKM have their own.

1 hour ago, Artful69 said:

Not quite ... 

HKM DOES have one in development (unless the project has been canned!!) ... Even if the supplied artwork doesn't originate from them ...

I think this photo originates from the Telford stand at sometime in the past ..

uB9qRJS.jpg

A bit more than thinking about it

58 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

He said they had thought about it, but that's as far as it got.

So, thought as far as a large vinyl poster at a major modelling event, then canned. Wonder why? :hmmm:

I'm getting the impression we're getting a lot of half truths here. Same with the Spey Toom saga. I'll refrain from using terms like b/s — oops! 

If HKM produce something that interests I'll gladly buy.

And after four fri**in Pfeils If they want to maximise their tooling just get a fighter Mosquito out: a fighter nose assembly with three different radomes and there's at least six potential NF variants, probably eight. An utter no brainer.

Tamiya doesn't appear to be doing anything further with its FB.VI and that kit is, let's face it, unnecessarily complex. Failing that, do a PR.XVI with peepholes and cameras/mounts. 

Tony 

On 8/14/2020 at 2:06 PM, Artful69 said:

Not quite ... 

I think this photo originates from the Telford stand at sometime in the past ...

uB9qRJS.jpg

Well that is a turn up for the books.... :coolio:

Thank you for posting that Rog’. Who knows? Hopefully then this has not been canned. I’ll keep my fingers crossed... :clap2::goodjob: