EA-6B Prowler (02 April: Done!)

easixpedro

Always comical when a ground pounder is confronted with aviation realities.  Frankly, phrases like, “Well sir I my my ECMO 1 was bent and 3 and 4 were nordo, SA was teets up during an expidited let down to a case three recovery and airspeed was in a non-recoverable state until we were below the hard deck.” are all too common.

Edited by Timmy!
I got straight up censored by the man **** up is offensive…

7 hours ago, Timmy! said:

Always comical when a ground pounder is confronted with aviation realities.  Frankly, phrases like, “Well sir I my my ECMO 1 was bent and 3 and 4 were nordo, SA was teets up during an expidited let down to a case three recovery and airspeed was in a non-recoverable state until we were below the hard deck.” are all too common.

You have no idea how close to reality that phrase is. I swear the number of times a pilot would shake his head as he asked if any of the 3 ECMOs had a fricken up-to-date approach plate or the SID, and not a single one in the nav bag of every person in the cockpit. Self loading baggage indeed. 

Big night at the workbench last night!  Got both front seaters glued in, and started working on framing the canopy.

Of course I forgot to take pictures, so you'll just have to believe me...  Updates hopefully before Thanksgiving. But that also depends on whether Mamma decides we shall decorate for the holidays or not. It's unseasonably warm right now, so I wouldn't mind putting up lights etc and not having to dress like I'm on Planet Hoth.

-Peter

It's a new and more intriguing form of foruming: no images, but just the description of the work done, everyone has to be imaginative about it! 
but since I'm a believer and a dreamer, too, I'll love it! :goodjob:

about the Communication between flyiers and grunts, I've had my troubles coordinating the requested delivery spot for the water bomb I had in my CL215 belly... 

"we are coming in, just few seconds and we'll overfly the top of the hill from south, where do you want the next splash?"

"on the left".

:BANGHEAD2:

Oh, I know that all the world tends to initiate to sing "jingle bells" at mid november, but by tradition the tree and all the paraphernalia should be mount not before 8 december!

so, maybe there is enough tome to shoot some pictures... 

pleaaaaase!

:rolleyes:

Ok, pics as promised!

You can see the blue inertial reel on ECMO-1s parachute harness. I didn't go whole hog as a lot is hidden by the canopies, especially with tinting.

20211123_172434

Looks like I have a blob of glue to clean up on the attachment point for the pilot's ejection seat 

20211123_172503

And lastly need to make the pneumatic lines for the canopy that are next to the c/b panel, then I can glue in the instrument panel.

20211123_172527

And lastly, my version of Christmas lawn decorations... over the top? You bet. But everyone in the neighborhood already knows me as the airplane guy, so it fits. 

2021-11-23_05-38-14

-Peter

Edited by easixpedro
Inability to spell…

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

the cockpit pics are beautiful, thanks. Maybe with the tinted glass on a lot will be concealed, but you (and we all, of course) well know there is!

let me surrender at your christmas outdoor decorations, I can't stop to laugh!

pity here I can't even think at something like that: definetly too much xwind, probably I'll find those guys in north Tunisia.

1 hour ago, mc65 said:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

the cockpit pics are beautiful, thanks. Maybe with the tinted glass on a lot will be concealed, but you (and we all, of course) well know there is!

let me surrender at your christmas outdoor decorations, I can't stop to laugh!

pity here I can't even think at something like that: definetly too much xwind, probably I'll find those guys in north Tunisia.

Trust me, the wind on the Great Plains can be brutal. I swear, only in Nebraska does 4 inches of snowfall equal about 4 feet total. It'll blow all the way from the Rocky Mountains and drift. There's no trees to stop it. Kind of like the Dust Bowl in the 1930s.  Nebraskans don't like it when I say that, but it's true.  All that being said, Snoopy is lined up with the prevailing winds to keep from getting airborne. He's cleared for VMC--doesn't doo well in IMC conditions.

Peters right, round here it can get pretty windy for sure.

Although people can be a bit surprised when we mention Nebraska and then tell them that Omaha has 1,000,000+ people in it! 

It's been unusual warm here too, and we have not even gotten our first snow fall yet. 

The pilots and pit are looking killer!