EA-6B Prowler (02 April: Done!)

easixpedro

1 hour ago, easixpedro said:

20220311_135150

-Peter

Shouldn't the #3 wire be stretched across the deck right about there? I'd hate to see him bolter... 

Just kidding, that was an amazing build and an awesome display. This was probably my favorite build on the forum so far.

Just an absolute joy to follow your work.

This was the kind of modelling that really inspires. Looking forward to your next build.

Andy

Edited by Ayovan

30 minutes ago, Ayovan said:

Shouldn't the #3 wire be stretched across the deck right about there? I'd hate to see him bolter... 

Just kidding, that was an amazing build and an awesome display. This was probably my favorite build on the forum so far.

This was the kind of modelling that really inspires. Looking forward to your next build.

Andy

Yup, you're correct.  Need to make another wire as the one I had is about 2 inches short. I'll show how I do it when I get to that point! Probably another week or two worth of fiddly bits. Trying not to rush it in close.

1 hour ago, Ayovan said:

This was probably my favorite build on the forum so far.

I agree with Andy!  just amazing.  You somehow manage to capture the energy of the moment in these builds, i dont know how you do it, but it is pretty special.  Must be impressive in the flesh!  Must be huge....

Cheers Anthony

Awesome job Peter just plain awesome :clap2::bow:

It's odd that the nose gear actually extended on the top rather then the bottom like most other birds do! Makes it even more cooler to see that gear take that much beating extending on the top. 

Anyway love every bit of it my friend!  I can't wait to see the ready for inspection pictures on this one!

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

Thanks folks.
I’ve done some momentous builds before, but those were the carrier deck scenes and it allowed me to move from small project to project. Have never tackled something quite this gigantic, so am rather happy that it’s actually coming together. There’s some small squiggles here and there, but man, I’ve leaned so much putting this together. First resin casting, first time wielding parts for a model, first vacu forms in forever…you get the idea.

Just back from seeing a Broadway show (that’s enough culture for me for the day), back to the workbench!

-Peter

Quick update. Here’s how I make the cross deck pendant, aka arresting gear. Take a couple of wires and chuck ‘em in a drill to wrap/twist them up.

20220315_063915

20220315_064542

And a couple of teaser shots. Think she’s done. Need to give it a good once over for final bits, but it’s only 1 or 2 if that. RFI pics when I get the chance.

20220317_170208

20220317_170250

20220317_170325

Thanks for following along folks, always appreciate the comments and encouragement. Definite motivation and what I love about this joint.

Now to figure out if I get after the Huey, Crusader or Liberator. Honestly might be the F-8 just as it requires the least effort after a 2 year build. More soon!

-Peter

• easixpedro changed the title to EA-6B Prowler (17 Mar: finished?)