1/24 Scale WWI Kits by I Love Kits

Rick Griewski

They're Trumpeter technically - Trumpy did the design and tooling for Merit.  They build up beautifully from an engineering angle, but like many Trumpy kits, they have a multiple issues with accuracy in the details.  So depending where your priorities and preferences lie, these can be a great investment and enjoyable build, or a bit of a headache :) 

4 hours ago, seiran01 said:

They're Trumpeter technically - Trumpy did the design and tooling for Merit.  They build up beautifully from an engineering angle, but like many Trumpy kits, they have a multiple issues with accuracy in the details.  So depending where your priorities and preferences lie, these can be a great investment and enjoyable build, or a bit of a headache :) 

Yea, I did a review on the Dr.I for the site some time back. While it was at least OK, it was a far cry from what it could have been.

I'm building the triplane.. builds well but needs aftermarket. It's based on a replica so the cockpit is a bit off, other than that it's a good kit. To really do it justice it needs MG's seat belts and some scratch building. I would suggest Archer Rivets 1/24 rib stitching.

Cheers

Vaughn

5 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I have the 1:18 scale Flak.  Quite impressive and and a detailers heaven.  

Could you be more specific? I was aware of a larger scale sFH 18, but was spooked after I saw how they treated the Dr.I. I know nothing of a big Flak from them, though I guess I could just look it up.