Got my jet back from rehab- The Wave

A labradoodle is a cross breed! Labrador cross with a poodle. Many moons ago this would have definitely been frowned upon by many breeders, but for some reason, it's become fashionable to cross breed certain types of dog breeds. Hence things like cockerpoos (cocker spaniel crossed with poodles) labradoodles, and quite a few others. 

3 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

what kind of  a dog is a Labradoodle Please , Thank you ?

:rolleyes:

Mable is  a cutie.

:wub:

2 hours ago, treker_ed said:

A labradoodle is a cross breed! Labrador cross with a poodle. Many moons ago this would have definitely been frowned upon by many breeders, but for some reason, it's become fashionable to cross breed certain types of dog breeds. Hence things like cockerpoos (cocker spaniel crossed with poodles) labradoodles, and quite a few others. 

Yes.   The result of a cross between a labrador retriever and a standard poodle, for us, was a labrador that shed less, some dont shed at all. Poodles are very smart and love the water, too.  I think it was an attempt to minimoze shedding and allergy issues with labs. 

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- Back in the L-39

Hello all!

we are training-up a new L-39 IP at Code1. Pretty cool for me because I’ve known him for about 30 years- we flew together in the AF…and today saddled-up together again after all those years!

Today was an absolutely perfect day in the Midwest for flying-

qQ2aGnC.jpg

cheers

P

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- Good morning Chicago!

Pete, I hear ya mate… I gave up on flying jets to stay below 25000… to keep the cosmic radiation dose down… I stayed away from Cargolux (747) for the same reasons, and to stay away from the 21 day around the World trips almost all at night… and I tuned in my seniority number at the airlines for a tanker job flying Cl-215/215T/415 scoopers - 4,5 months of alert on base for the same money the airlines pay in a year… and we go weeks without turning a prop… pure bliss… bring lots of hobbies with you and the sports gear… and the fishing rod and tackle box… we have hammocks in the hold for those lazy days… and in the winter off months we go some place warm… we keep the same life rhythm daily… get up same time, eat breekie, lunch and dinner  at same times everyday, and ride our bikes to work… no night flights, no crossing time zones, no oceans to cross, no deicing… and no flight attendants and no passengers… and when we do go flying we get to break every rule there is out there dropping water loads on fires… I couldn’t think of a better way to earn a living as a pilot! No hour minimums, no unions, but rather lots of tanker base BBQ’s and evenings out with the boys out fishing… and we use our skills to keep people, infrastructure and assets (timber) safe… after fighting your first fire you realize the satisfaction of using your skills for the common good for our communities. 

I don’t miss the airlines and I don’t miss the night flights or crossing time zones or cranky flight attendants… If I want a coffee I go get one myself!! I never thought I would say it… but I am a happy camper! There are so many paths to take in our industry and I tried a few of them… and I just couldn’t go back to the airlines… I was sold after covid when I realized that the government contracts for aerial firefighting are recession and pandemic proof!! And what really hit home post pandemic is the fact that thousands of fellow aviators worldwide made huge changes to their career paths… it was a colossal shift… that is just beginning to be felt in the many areas within aviation! Fly safe brother! 

I don't comment in this thread very often, mostly because I don't know that much about what you and others are talking about, but I'd like to mention that I really enjoy checking in now and then to see all the cool pics and read a few of the interesting stories.  Thank you for doing this and keep it going!.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

On 12/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

I didn’t apply to FedEx because I didn’t want to fly all night.

oh well. Watching the sun come up again PDX-ORD

CkAcst1.jpg

What great graphics, what flight sim is that Pete?  I know you are an avid simmer!  (Totally joking).     

Noted that nifty wide screen Electronic Flight Bag (or whatever it's called in the real world).   Pretty cool.  How much do you miss toting a bag stuffed full of Jeppesen charts everywhere you go?   Is that tablet yours to take from flight to flight or does it stay with the aircraft?

9 hours ago, John1 said:

What great graphics, what flight sim is that Pete?  I know you are an avid simmer!  (Totally joking).     

Noted that nifty wide screen Electronic Flight Bag (or whatever it's called in the real world).   Pretty cool.  How much do you miss toting a bag stuffed full of Jeppesen charts everywhere you go?   Is that tablet yours to take from flight to flight or does it stay with the aircraft?

hi John-

that is a company-issued IPad EFB. I take it with me-

cheers

P

21 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

I don't comment in this thread very often, mostly because I don't know that much about what you and others are talking about, but I'd like to mention that I really enjoy checking in now and then to see all the cool pics and read a few of the interesting stories.  Thank you for doing this and keep it going!.

Cheers,

Chuck

thanks Chuck-

always good to have you around!

cheers

P