Got my jet back from rehab- The Wave

8 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Mike,

I am not familiar with that particular

L-39..but I’ll ask around!

cheers

P

It must not have stayed in these colors for very long - as even a search of L-39's online I couldn't find it... Thanks Pete and keep on having fun...

Mike

FBO crew car in Topeka. Amazing that they give a couple pilots a Mercedes for the night. Pull up right next to the jet to unload the luggage-

MfEgtFj.jpg

gassing up in DSM

mqcWIen.jpg

back on the Code1 ramp at RFD

OxEbBdd.jpg

my student making a few post flight maintenance notes-

ix0eMOg.jpg

putting the old girl in the barn before the rain hits.

if3QCox.mp4

cheers

P

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- Cross country
On 6/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Same. A few Vance AFB Alumni…

56 years old this month! Still hanging out at 6g’s-

CIIQq8R.jpg

Pigfighter

Are you done flying the bigguns in four years or did the FAA delete/modify that rule for commercial pilots?  Or, have I misunderstood that rule…. I had been told by more than one of our commercial pilots that mandatory retirement was 60, no if’s ands or buts about it.   I’ll admit that was a long time ago (seems like just last year though) when I was told it so it may have changed since I was actively engaged in aviation (maintenance).

Also noticing the tip tanks, is there an allowable imbalance between left and right tip tanks when fueling the jet?  There was a 150 gallon (~1000 lbs) allowable imbalance when refueling the Lear 35A.  Boy was the heavy side main gear strut screaming (compression) until the other side was filled.  

Edited by Juggernut

4 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Are you done flying the bigguns in four years or did the FAA delete/modify that rule for commercial pilots?  Or, have I misunderstood that rule…. I had been told by more than one of our commercial pilots that mandatory retirement was 60, no if’s ands or buts about it.   I’ll admit that was a long time ago (seems like just last year though) when I was told it so it may have changed since I was actively engaged in aviation (maintenance).

Also noticing the tip tanks, is there an allowable imbalance between left and right tip tanks when fueling the jet?  There was a 150 gallon (~1000 lbs) allowable imbalance when refueling the Lear 35A.  Boy was the heavy side main gear strut screaming (compression) until the other side was filled.  

The FAA changed the mandatory retirement age to 65 about 10 years ago- so I’ll be around for a while!

the standard tip tanks only hold 26 gallons a side, so no fear of tipping the jet when fueling the tips-

cheers

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

…a smattering of Cyrillic instrument lables-

2jB6P1a.jpg

J0Tj01t.jpg

MmWjfRa.jpg

WnEzKRE.jpg

The Cyrillic script is named after Saint Cyril, a missionary from Byzantium who, along with his brother, Saint Methodius, created the Glagolitic script. Modern Cyrillic alphabets developed from the Early Cyrillic script, which was developed during the 9th century in the First Bulgarian Empire (AD 681-1018) by a decree of Boris I of Bulgaria (Борис I). It is thought that St. Kliment of Ohrid, a disciple of Cyril and Methodius, was responsible for the script. The Early Cyrillic script was based on the Greek uncial script with ligatures and extra letters from the Glagolitic and Old Church Slavonic scripts for sounds not used in Greek.

salut-

P

2 hours ago, Winnie said:

I visited the men's and had popcorn at KFOE a few years ago, and had my credit card declined (company card) when fueling my helicopter.... Fun times. Didn't leave a zap though...

We stopped at KPVJ for gas..middle of nowhere Oklahoma. Pulled up to the jet-A pump and……nothin’.

…Now we landed with like 300 kilos of fuel remaining (not much)..so we were basically screwed.

a guy walks up and says “you boys need jet fuel”?

Me: “yep.”

Him: “tanks empty”.

Me: #%*!+*!!!
Him: “yep”.

Me: “is there ANY jet fuel on this field?”

Him: “Welp- over there is a fella who flys ag planes. Got a few tur-bine Ag planes. He’s likely to have some”

Me: “can you take me to him”?

Him: “Get in my truck”

So long story short, Denny the ag pilot from KPVJ pumped 100 gallons of fuel from his bowser trailer into our jet and saved our bacon..giving us enough fuel to get a little further north to an airport that actually HAD fuel.

Good guy. Gave me his card and said “send me a check when you get where yer goin’ “.

gGIZ0NG.jpg

nice folks in Oklahoma-

cheers

P