Got my jet back from rehab- Back in the Albatros

I used to love the TFE 731’s on my (as in crewchief) Lear 35.  Didn’t care for the Aeronca thrust reversers though but they weren’t that bad.  Very easy engine to maintain and the oil SOAP lets you know far in advance if something’s not behaving well within the engine.  That way, the pilot(s) doesn’t/don’t get an unpleasant  surprise.  I think Garrett got acquired by Honeywell a bunch of years ago but nothing else changed from what I remember.  

The TPE 331’s on the other hand were a pain because every time the crew shut them down, we’d have to go out and spin the props to cool the engine down to prevent the rotating group shaft from warping.

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- Delfins over Iowa!

Very nice Pete, got a little bit of Cloud Surfing in ...! :piliot:

Were the heavy clouds to the south? We had T-storms here in MO. Sunday with them being heavier towards the north ...

-Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost

5 hours ago, GreyGhost said:

Very nice Pete, got a little bit of Cloud Surfing in ...! :piliot:

Were the heavy clouds to the south? We had T-storms here in MO. Sunday with them being heavier towards the north ...

-Gregg

hi Gregg-

yep- we maneuvered West/SW of KIOW, but the weather was not great further south. This particular pod we were testing cannot get wet; so we had to stay clear of clouds all day-

P

• Pete Fleischmann changed the title to Got my jet back from rehab- Back in the Albatros